QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Genuine lolz. I love that.

So good to see Tuvok again, even if he was a changeling. Voyager is still very much bottom tier Trek for me, but Tim Russ was a highlight.

I didn’t buy into either of them ready to commit murder, it is completely out of character for these two, but i guess we’re in dark and gritty Trek world now… :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Wait, what?

Ok, this ain’t no spoilers. I should have read the cast list earlier.

Vadic is Kang’s daughter? Whoa. Also, she’ll execute every motherfucking last one of them!

jurassic park mind blown GIF by Spotify

And LaForge’s daughter is LeVar’s daughter. And auditioned without him knowing.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

6 Likes

To be clear, Alandra LaForge is played by his real-life daughter. The actor playing Sydney LaForge is not related to him.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Colm Meaney discovering how much Michael Dorn had to go through in make up:

6 Likes

Look at me nails!

6 Likes
5 Likes

Linked at the end…

In Dublin we speak the best spoken English in the world

Star Trek Laughing GIF

Is that gonna cause a fight?

Also…

6 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

It’s interesting that Rick Berman told him to use his own accent. One of the things that made me go “yes” to Strange New Worlds was somebody (the doctor) speaking English with a Nigerian accent. It’s a kind of accent I hear all the time, by the end of this century Nigeria will be the most populous English speaking country on the planet, and yet you really do not hear accents like that on US television shows.

Or maybe you do, just not the shows I’d see.

6 Likes

I just got the DVDs of the first season and am looking forward to it… I think that such details like that reflect the idealism of cultural pluralism that Trek always strive for…

Not that much, no, sadly. It’s a good point that probably lots of people don’t think about. Generally speaking we hear the same 4 or 5 kinds of English accents on American TV and I’d love to see greater diversity…

I’m glad that Trek is continuing to push the boundaries of representation in a variety of ways, including linguistic/accents.

6 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

Had the cassingle of this back in the day. :laughing:

4 Likes

from

10 Likes
8 Likes

Happy First Contact Day!

Hug a Vulcan!

12 Likes

Live Long And Prosper Star Trek GIF by Studios 2016