QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Yep, that’s the one they’re honoring.

5 Likes

That’s officially what they say. But we both know better.

7 Likes

Picard spoiler or fun fact.

Changeling can survive in the vacuum of space, as we learn in the 14th episode of the 7th season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine called “Chimera”. The Great Link sent 100 gooey babies to the 4 quadrants of the galaxy to boldly go wherene no changeling has gone before. These creatures were traveling the Cosmos without aid of a spaceship

My bet is that the veil entity that is tormenting Jack Crusher is some kind of Armus spore or egg.

4 Likes

13 Likes

from

10 Likes

Looked at a Star Trek wines site again today. I bought a bottle of Château Picard as a Christmas present last year, and considered buying more. However, that wine reminds me of something that still bothers me about Star Trek: Picard. In case there are folks who haven’t watched the initial seasons, spoilers ahead…

I really liked the STTNG episode, “Family.” It’s annoying that the writers would erase Picard’s older brother Robert from the storyline involving his parents and childhood. The callback to Picard’s STTNG vision of his mother as an old woman resolved a continuity issue. However, it seems like they have gone too far in trying to underscore that his only family was the Federation (like that bar flashback scene with Jack), when we’ve seen multiple examples in the past to prove that was never true.

Sure, they killed off his family and made a point of his grieving over his nephew René (plus Nexus René :roll_eyes:). That doesn’t mean they never existed. I’m worried the next step will be to claim he never had a father either, and he’s actually a being that was programmed, like Coulson in Marvel AOS (France, it’s a magical place:woman_facepalming:t4:). Maybe I’m just burned out on plots involving Picard’s family/medical history and stolen DNA because of that whole Shinzon thing from ST: Nemesis. :weary:

6 Likes

Maybe It was an side effect of the Irumodic Syndrom, or maybe Monsieur Picard became more and more an asshole as He got old.

3 Likes

There was a throwaway line about Robert being away at school in the episode showing Picard’s youth. I agree it’d be better if he was there or otherwise worked into the episode, but they at least acknowledged it.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Jadzia

Sad Star Trek GIF by Paramount+

6 Likes

Pois é.

What a shame they decided to kill her. And a what a double shame for the reason.

8 Likes

It really does suck. She was amazing!

8 Likes

Yeah, this goes back to my point earlier that the writers don’t seem to know (or care?) about the history of TNG and Picard.

And what we’ve been waiting for all season…

Oh yeahh… :hugs:

6 Likes
9 Likes

I’m really looking forward to this episode. And - more Frakes directing? Yes please!

10 Likes

Right? Some of the best new Trek series episodes have been directed by him! (Yes, I know he’s been directing Trek episodes since something like S:3 of TNG.)

7 Likes

Picard episode 9. I wasn’t expecting a stealth adaptation of the last Expanse novel, but here we are.

3 Likes

12 Likes

More Nimoy pron?

8 Likes

Oh My George Takai GIF

8 Likes