QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

5 Likes

Speaking of spoofs…

ETA

I think that more than a spoof, this is a case of reuse. This song is the same one that is used a lot in episodes of the Star Trek animated series. This cartoon was made by Filmation, an old american production company, which in addition to animations, made shows with flesh and blood actors.

Jason of Star Command was also created by Filmation studio. Probably they used some music to cut cost. According to this Youtube chanel, the name os this piece is “Enterprise Attacked”, a very appropriated name indeed.

8 Likes

I’m going back and forth on whether it’d be too much to have some of the current Trek cast show up as themselves with successful careers to contrast against the washed-up Galaxy Quest cast inside the show

6 Likes

My first thought when I saw this was casting. Hopefully, they’ll choose wisely. :grimacing: :crossed_fingers:t4:

8 Likes

Intro__600x338

5 Likes

I’m pretty excited for the new season of SNW.

6 Likes

I’m probably breaking a rule here

12 Likes

Ill Allow It GIF

7 Likes

Today is a good day for fries!

10 Likes

Captain Karaoke

6 Likes

Picard Spoiler

Last time we had Battlestar Galactica, now we had Return of The Jedi…

Flying Away From Explosions - Star Wars GIF - Star Wars Tie Figher Death Star - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

Hell Yeah. There is going to be a feature film / movie with Michelle Yeoh? I’m in.

Also, ST:P had some really weird plotholes, some super lazy writing, and quite a bit of overdone exposition - but I left the finale wanting to rewatch. And that says something. So much for fan service. Works for me.

Also, as @BakaNeko said, the Falcon saved the day, again. I almost expected Data to utter famous last words: “…almost there!”

2 Likes

Sinatra never missed an episode of Star Trek.

7 Likes

8 Likes
8 Likes

It’s bad enough that the Enterprise-D isn’t higher (it’s not fat!), but to rank it lower than the Enterprise-B? For shame, that thing is ugly.

6 Likes

That’s Galaxy-class to you!

5 Likes

I’m doing a rewatch of Voyager, and in the gladiator ring in S6 E15, my jaw hit the floor. Is that…. The Rock?! Yes. Yes it was. Jeri Ryan fighting The Rock might be the high point of the show.

14 Likes
6 Likes

I thought it was a kind of AI trickery!

https://www.fastcompany.com/1277872/kingon-invasion-burger-king-and-paramount-ink-blockbuster-marketing-deal

3 Likes