QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Cross posted on Commie Library of Memes

6 Likes

OMG, the one where he and T’ana are in the holodeck, while the engisns are trying to win the lottery for the upper deck room?

Star Trek Laughing GIF

4 Likes
5 Likes

God damn, I need to pick up these comics!

4 Likes

7 Likes
6 Likes

Your poster. And this:

8 Likes

And also this from two months ago

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this has spoilers for newer shows, but I’m watching it now… only a few minutes into it.

3 Likes

Watched the S03E10 yesternight and I have to say that I hope this series will have a long and prosperous future. That was fun. And begs the question: where is the Cali-class fleet in ST:Picard?

Also: more Aberdeen, please.

2 Likes

Acquisitive idiot with an inflated sense of his genius but not a lot of tech savvy?

2d76d403-f797-4cfc-83f6-a7a90b2e8d78_text

2 Likes

Fascinating

ETA: I remember watching the episode where Picard is disguised as a Romulan, and I remember thinking “wow they really made him look like a Romulan”, and it took me a second to realize that all of the Romulans I’ve seen are actually humans they disguise to make look like Romulans.

6 Likes

Yah I also found that pretty weird. The other weird similar story is when the actual Kahless comes back, which might have been TNG? That also threatened to tear the Empire apart. It was interesting that he turned out to be a lab-grown clone and was sort of a bumbling fool, and I thought the resolution to let him sit as a figurehead in the empire was sensible (like the Governor General in Canada :smile:). However it was weird that the Empire was modified in this fundamental way that was never mentioned again anywhere, ever.

3 Likes

Issa Rae Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I wonder if they explore that more in some of the books or comics set on the Klingon homeworld?

4 Likes

The Kahless clone was a character in a few of the novels from when Pocket Books decided to tie everything together like the Star Wars Expanded Universe, but none of the ones I read really explored his place in Klingon government or culture, even the one where he fights on Worf and Martok’s side in a Klingon civil war.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised really as there are decades of Trek novels to pick from, so i imagine there is something that explores this part of Trek’s most popular cultures. I keep promising myself to read more of them because the only one i have read to date was very enjoyable - Andrew J. Robinson’s A Stitch in Time.

4 Likes

I think He was mentioned en passant in a casual line in a DS9 episode.

ETA more and better info here:

3 Likes

Khan dances!

6 Likes

I believe thar Cyd Charisse is Nana Visitor’s aunt. It’s double Star Trek related!

7 Likes

Star Trek Wow GIF

4 Likes