QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Somehow I am picturing a Lower Decks episode featuring a ship crewed entirely by Kirk’s illegitimate children.

7 Likes

Geez, I hope that it’s an Invincible class!

6 Likes

Kirk & Spock’s children. They have the technology.

8 Likes

If a question comes up as to whether that means:

1. Children of Kirk serving with Children of Spock; or
  2. Children who are genetically a combination of Kirk and Spock

My answer would have to be “YES”

4 Likes

2 and done.

6 Likes
6 Likes

It sure looks like someone trolled Slate’s sex advice column by submitting an episode of Star Trek.

Someone recently submitted a question to Slate’s advice column about being a surrogate to a couple named Miles and Keiko and worrying about developing feelings for Miles. That seems like a normal sex advice column question until you realize it’s also the exact plot of an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

The Wife I’m a Surrogate for Wants Me to Spend More Time With Her Husband. That’s a Very Bad Idea.

[SLATE MAGAZINE]

7 Likes

Was thinking about TOS yesterday and wondering what Kirk-type tactics we’ll need to take on folks following the dictates of “AI” :robot::

6 Likes

8 Likes
4 Likes

Is it sad that I immediately thought Kirk/Spock children? I’m sure they would have the technology…

6 Likes

14 Likes

From ‘88 and ‘07.

16 Likes

That’s what I meant!

They’d be beautiful kids.

8 Likes

Some spoilers if you haven’t already seen.

Evil twin or mirror universe?

2 Likes

Been doing a rewatch of DS9… Just watched the episode Sword of Kahless, which is one of those awesome episodes where Jadzia goes on a quest for the sword of Kahless, which had been lost for over 1000 years… they find the fucking thing, Worf and Kor (a friend of Jadzias from back in her Kurzon days) fight over it after saving it from the Duras family, and then decide that rather than bring the sword back to help unite the Klingons behind the modern clone Kahless who is emperor… that they’ll beam the motherfucker out into space, presumably in some random spot in the Gamma quadrant! Because they thought it would just cause more fighting in the Empire (which fair enough)…

Season 1 Wtf GIF by Paramount+

Season 3 What GIF by Paramount+

But still… Klingons are fucking weird! They could have done literally anything else… let Jadzia hang onto it. Let the Federation hang on to it. Let the Vulcans take care of it (since they found the fragment that Kor used to track it down). Take it back to where they found it. Like… literally anything else than just beaming it into space!

5 Likes

It must be earned by a quest.

6 Likes

Season 2 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

5 Likes

Just got done with the last season of Lower Decks and OMG… the DS9 episode was all I wanted it to be!!!

Shaxs on the station…

lower-decks-shaxs-tacky-cardassian-eyesore

8 Likes

Shaxs has fast become one of my favourite characters in the show. He’s got an exceptional amount of depth and even though they often veer from his violent side to his sensitive one for laughs in the show, it works for the way he’s written and it’s a believable personality trait. Plus, his relationship with T’Ana is hilarious.

6 Likes