QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

4 Likes

Between Eugene Cordero being main cast and Gabrielle Ruiz getting a bigger role (as well as T’Lynn, she plays Ensign Castro - the command ensign with short dark hair who was in the Redshirts and hosted the Salon Jenn made Mariner attend), I feel like the show is slowly becoming a Crazy Ex-Girlfriend reunion. And Rachel Bloom has done voicework so she’d fit in…

EDIT to add, someone did a comparison of the regular SNW intro and the crossover one:

1 Like

Despite the fact that Paramount showed itself to be another company that drops shows from streaming to avoid paying royalties to actors, at least they’re still releasing some of their content to physical media. The later half of Star Trek: Prodigy will be available in the fall. (Late September in the US.)

https://www.animationmagazine.net/2023/07/star-trek-prodigy-s1-pt-2-hits-digital-sets-disc-release/

3 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

I love what they’re doing with Clint Howard in Strange New Worlds!

An Orion last season and a cameo as a human Klingon War combatant in a flashback this season…

I really hope they keep this up and I get to see him in future seasons pop up as an Andorian, a Tellurite, every forehead prosthesis race!

3 Likes

Spoiler tags, if you please! Thanks!

5 Likes

IMG_9690

:thinking:

7 Likes

I just caught up with it, and while all your points are true and valid, I still enjoyed that episode. In defense against your criticism, the whole franchise more often than not just does this. Now, I’ll just stop short of saying the whole of ST is a stream of non sequiturs, as probably the majority of the BBS would get angry at me. But illogical choices by senior crew, taking weird explanations at face value without further questioning and not making any follow-up enquiries where I would assume those should be Starfleet 101 - well, can we settle on “that’s not unheard of”, maybe?

(Why do I have the urge to see every episode Reg Barclay appears in, now?)

2 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

We’ll just starburst?

Major Samantha Carter:
Navigation?

Colonel Jack O’Neill:
Check.

Major Samantha Carter:
Oxygen, pressure, temperature control?

Colonel Jack O’Neill:
All check.

Major Samantha Carter:
Inertial Dampeners?

Colonel Jack O’Neill:
Cool!.. and check.

Major Samantha Carter:
Engines?

Colonel Jack O’Neill:
All Check. Phasers?

Major Samantha Carter:
[smirking] Sorry sir.

2 Likes
5 Likes

insane the twilight zone GIF

8 Likes

7 Likes

NAILed_IT-07_27_23-meme-1-15

6 Likes

I feel like there was a missed opportunity in SNW this week…

Is a little Klingon opera too much to ask? :pleading_face: After watching, I couldn’t get this Retta interview out of my head: Don't Assume You Know How Retta Rolls | CONAN on TBS - YouTube

6 Likes

I enjoyed the crossover episode and the musical episode independently, but I’m not sure I like them so close together in the same season. It makes sense to offset the heaviness of the episode inbetween, I guess. It just feels like a little much to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

4 Likes

It made sense to me within the context of the broader arcs. You had to have a lead up that gives the various characters their emotional and personal issues to sing about. And you had to have Boimler letting on about “the spock he knows from history” because it underlines what Spock is doing to himself in the wake of the breakup.

That all said, one of the things I love about SNW is that it is not above being extremely silly and extremely serious.

6 Likes

Adorable

4 Likes

This means there is an alternative timeline (or parallel universe) where LeVar Burton is the Pope.

5 Likes