QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

5 Likes

Apparently- a Trump supporter- and scab worker during the strike.

5 Likes

Cross-posted from the Hollywood strike thread…

[ETA] A recent review of DS9’s Bar Association episode, which includes a dig at Robert Beltran…

2 Likes

3 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

What, an acknowledgement that Janeway got it right? :astonished: Sorry, but from the beginning we all knew the job was driving members of Starfleet to drink:

Later, there’s a counselor on the ship as well as a bar. None of this was a surprise. :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Nog’s injury and recovery was a two episode story over The Siege of AR-558 & Paper Moon. He gives it a bit of short shrift here compared to the Kim story - and really all the others.

Though it’s got some important observations which probably applies to most military organizations in conflicts.

Less seriously- they have “Space Therapy”. Just as they can cure crippling injuries and even death at times in a few hours - they’re mental health care is similarly advanced.

2 Likes

Which is weird, considering his love of DS9… I bet he has done a longer video on Nog at some point… He also did a longer video on the Ferengi and how DS9 does right by them…

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

6 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (4)

8 Likes

Nicolas Cage Aurinkolasit GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

from

[ETA]

from

7 Likes

4 Likes

Funny Face Lol GIF

5 Likes

With O’Neill and Teal’c into the Stargate.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Weird…is this something that was already in the can before the strike? Because I assume Jerry ain’t hosting live unless the strike is over.

I first thought this was a desperate “we need content for our broadcast services during the strike so let’s use stuff from our streaming services” move. If it is actually a pre-planned sincere celebration by Paramount, that’s cool though - the more people exposed to Strange New Worlds and the rest of modern Star Trek the better!

4 Likes

It’s probably a bit of both… I assume that indeed, it was pre-recorded. I’m guessing that did it earlier than usually because they knew that the strikes were coming. But I’m sure that there are people who are enthusiastic about Trek day at Paramount, since they’ve been doing this for years.

For the most part, the trek folks have been pro-strike, with the major outlier seeming to be Robert Beltran.

7 Likes

Who has the better “phaser”?

4 Likes

The older phasers were better from an ergonomic point of view. The TNG phasers had to be pointed awkwardly

6 Likes

Based on the dissonance between the article title and the picture selected to represent it I am flagging your comment as off-topic :rofl:

5 Likes

The new ones that are really just blasters do nothing for me.

4 Likes