QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

“However, Billingsley does have a not-entirely-serious pitch for a Phlox spinoff: “Maybe you could just bring me back. And it could just be Old Fat Phlox, which is the show I’ve also pitched for many years, where I’m just sitting on a rocking chair on the porch going, ‘Back in the day when I was having intergalactic adventures…’”

I’d love to see a Phlox Short Trek.

7 Likes

lol, yeah I think you’re right! I totally got it backwards. The humans thought the eggs tasted off and Worf loved them. Thanks!

5 Likes

all the faith of the heart

Pedro Pascal Laugh GIF by Golden Globes

8 Likes

I haven’t watched this show (For All Mankind), so I’m not sure if this is spoilery or not, so I’ll blur it in case…

7 Likes

In my head-canon, the first couple seasons of For all Mankind were a prequel to Star Trek

6 Likes

The writers, many of whom worked on Trek in the TNG/DS9/VOY era have said they see it as an unofficial Trek prequel too

6 Likes

I caught the end of Nana Visitor’s interview, and now they’re interviewing Doug Jones. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes
9 Likes

i had to go track down the original just to see…

( he says he’s scared of heights, and that he’s the one who came up with that scene. also that mountains are alive… )

7 Likes
3 Likes

I am hoping someday that Paul Wesley (the current Kirk) does a cover of this song.

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Also because if I recall, they weren’t from a chicken or any other species found on Earth.

5 Likes

I found the bit, it’s the cold open to Time Squared, series 2, episode 13. And I totally got Pulaski’s attitude wrong, she’s looking forward to the eggs and is only disgusted when she tries them - she and LaForge think they’re awful

6 Likes

but that did give us the great on going joke of how Worf loves that nasty tasting stuff.

6 Likes

11 Likes

vintagegeekculture

Mego’s starship Enterprise model, released for Star Trek: the Motion Picture, had one unique feature: the saucer section was removable.

This is because in the original script, the one the toymakers were going by, the original finale of the Motion Picture would have involved an Emergency Saucer Separation, a maneuver that was mentioned on the original series but never seen. Star Trek III’s original script also called for saucer separation at the Genesis Planet before this was rewritten.

This model was only released in Canada, along with a Klingon ship and a Vulcan shuttle, one of the rare times Mego ever made models.

8 Likes

I remember in TNG, for the first season, every time they’d do a saucer separation, it was this HUGE deal… like, they’d spend like 5 whole minutes showing it… :rofl:

9 Likes

totally true. and then they got tired of it or something??

going to fight the borg? everybody hang on! ( oh yeah, and make sure to wave on our strafing runs. kids and the people drinking at the bar are right out in front. best foot forward and all. )

4 Likes