QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

5 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes

Ernie Hudson as Ben Sisko?

I have a hard time imaging anyone else in the role though?

7 Likes

I’m already imagining the TNG crossover episode where Dr. Crusher gets in a heated argument with his character about her ex-boyfriend.

4 Likes

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

5 Likes

He doesn’t mention the episode where they’re racist against the Irish…

8 Likes

Ah but they were the Bringloidí, not Irish! It’s just coincidental that their very name is the Irish word for dream.

8 Likes

Just a coincidence, I’m sure!!! Just ask Miles!

I love how the transporter beamed up the straw, too… just… perfection.

9 Likes

You can see Colm Meany physically bristle a couple of times in that episode.

10 Likes
7 Likes

ds9-obrien-laugh

Was that the first “torture the Irishman” episode of Star Trek? :thinking:

8 Likes

I would counter the first was The Naked Time in TOS’ first season. Lt Riley being forced to sing that song over and over again… wait. That was torturing us. Never mind :wink:

8 Likes

ONE! MORE! TIME!

I’ll taaaaaake you home again Kathleen…

8 Likes

I love that Colm Meany put an end to oirish bollocks as soon as he was a regular cast member. The DS9 series 1 episode If Wishes Were Horses was meant to have Molly reading a storybook about Leprechauns and one would come to life, but he put his foot down and it was changed to Rumplestiltskin.

9 Likes

to which I always wondered if the powers that be then went “Sure Colm, we can do that. But then that means a price must be paid. O’Brien is gonna have to suffer. Alot. Minimum once a season
First up… you are gonna get a twink doctor boyfriend”

6 Likes

I believe he was quoted as saying “Oh no. What a tragedy” in the flattest voice a Finglas accent can achieve

8 Likes

Colm was already scoring above his weight class without Dr Bashir in the equation!

7 Likes

One of the other things I always liked about him was that he was the first regular cast member to play a working-class NCO rather than a Starfleet officer who had attended the academy. Logically, most of the people operating large ships and space stations should have been enlisted crewmen and noncoms, but I feel like many of the writers over the years straight up forgot that there should be any rank lower than “Ensign.” Even Lower Decks is focused on the lives of officers.

8 Likes

Hey now, for the first season that twink doctor was Garak’s boyfriend… O’Brien didn’t get him until Keiko was down on Bajor working as a botanist… second or third season…

9 Likes