QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

How did I not already know that the actor who played Tuvok was also the “we ain’t found shit!” spaceballs trooper?? Truly this is a magical world.

13 Likes

investigation we aint found shit GIF

15 Likes

One person posted a video of the costumes he saw on this year’s Trek Cruise.

4 Likes

Jay and Silent Bob!!! With starfleet academy shirts on!!! :grin:

Waiting around to take a dip with Boimler, no doubt!!!

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

Vulcan Wednesday!!!

Happy Lets Go GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

7 Likes

I have to admit; thought the longest time this was just radar-guy michael winslow again, the shadow under his nose looks on VHS very much like winslows mustache.

1 Like

star trek facepalm GIF by HULU

9 Likes

Old man yells at nebulas.

11 Likes

I love watching modern interpretations of ancient drama. And reading modern versions of ancient stories. I’vealmost lost count of the number of versions of Homeric stories I have read from the perspective of women in them, Margaret Atwood’s Penelopiad came out when I was in school and had just read the Odyssey and it struck me as a totally natural and obvious thing to read to enrich the original. There’s a version of the Persians on shortly and that’s like many of the old ones is absolutely current now. But you can’t stick to original interpretation rules. That kills art. It kills society. The Greeks wrote about that. That’s what drama is: when rules meet circumstances. That’s what politics and law are. Bill.

8 Likes

I once read that even during the 1960s, the original series had so many inconsistencies between episodes that some fans proposed the theory that each episode was set in a different universe. Then things got worse as they released the Cartoon, the movies, TNG, Enterprise, DS9, Voyager and so on. Maybe this theory could explain a lot of things.

9 Likes
7 Likes

This is the Kelvin universe films?

Can’t we get a DS9 thingie instead?

9 Likes

He reiterates that Roddenberry wouldn’t approve of the romances between crewmates on the new shows

I guess Shatner forgot that his character was literally officiating a wedding between two crew members in the beginning of one of the show’s most memorable episodes (Balance of Terror).

14 Likes

I Mean Come On GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

He just wants an opportunity to criticize all the other treks that aren’t his trek, honestly. He’s always been kind of a self-centered dick in that way…

12 Likes

18 Likes

We need a whole star trek version of that game now…

12 Likes

Oooh good idea!

9 Likes

Was the character played by Jeffrey Combs would elimimate half the characters :wink:

12 Likes

According to Shatner himself, Gene Roddenberry saw Star Trek VI two days before he died, gave thumbs up all around, and immediately upon getting home phoned his lawyer (who was still the same person who caused so much distress early in TNG, again according to Shatner), and worked out a list of changes he planned to demand of Paramount. He was constantly incensed by the movies because Paramount told him in no uncertain terms that his input was not welcome after he turned TMP into a disaster zone behind the camera.

So the idea that Roddenberry would hate modern Trek holds little truck with me when he hated a chunk of the Trek that came out in his lifetime.

9 Likes

If The Shart hates it, that’s okay with me.

Thank you autocorrect! I didn’t write that but I’m not fixing it either.
My autocomplete is spicy isn’t it?

9 Likes

hell, try reading the novel adaptation of TMP written by Roddenberry himself. He describes one scene where Spock is trying to meditate/reach out to V’Ger and can’t because of all the crewmen getting it on in the ship was causing too much psychic emotional energy.

Gene was a horndog.

6 Likes