QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

If you’ve not seen the last season of Picard, there be some spoilers…

6 Likes

Wow, that has a pretty fun cast going for it. I might have to check that out. Spiner playing Joker on Young Justice didn’t sit well with me when I heard it years ago, but the villain has such a small role on the show that he maybe didn’t have much to work with. I hope he gets to ham it up in Audio Adventures.

2 Likes

He definitely hams it up. This adaptation has its share of death and violence, but in many respects it’s a callback to the campy era of the ‘60s TV show.

4 Likes
6 Likes

the show was immediately under pressure to bring costs down after an expensive first season. Matalas suggested they could take a page out of Star Trek IV and incorporate time travel to bring the characters to modern day, which would save a lot of money for the production.

The previous draft was too Star Trek? There is nothing more Star Trek than cutting costs by changing the setting to some place that looks exactly like modern-day Earth.

When it’s not time travel then it’s a visit to a planet that just happens to look exactly like the Old West or ancient Rome or Nazi Germany or some other place that has sets and costumes standing by.

11 Likes

Planet Backlot

9 Likes

“Too Star Trek”?

Star Trek GIF

11 Likes

16 Likes

my little pony rimshot GIF

10 Likes

Spocko

6 Likes

Don’t forget about TNG cave missions!

Lower decks had a good episode about that with Boimler noting how all caves look the same. :wink:

7 Likes

Welcome to the Holodeck, where you can live out a fully immersive simulation of any activity in any setting imaginable! You could go windsurfing through a gas giant or battle kaiju from a 300-foot-tall battlemech or…

Crewman: Those sound expensive. I’m just gonna pretend to visit some nondescript village in rural Ireland where nothing of interest happens.

Janeway: Hands off the barkeep subroutine.

5 Likes

Huh, I just discovered Picard series 2 and 3 are blocked from access on Prime in Ireland. Same with series 3 of Lower Decks. Series 4 was never even added.

5 Likes

14 Likes

Star Trek Privacy GIF by Goldmaster

8 Likes

7 Likes
7 Likes

Happy St Patrick’s Day

11 Likes

tng-obrien-smiles

9 Likes

10 Likes