7 Likes

This is SO early 90s! I love it!

6 Likes

17 Likes

:sob:

[ETA]

5 Likes

13 Likes

I’m slowly making my way through DS9 and saw this today in S6E10: The Magnificent Ferengi.

I wish Iggy Pop appeared in all of the silly side-stories, he really made the episode worthwhile. Maybe he’ll make another appearance if they ever do A Fistfull of Ferengi.

11 Likes

While SNW has been renewed, Lower Decks is ending after series 5. Boo!

7 Likes

[Development of Star Trek 4 - Wikipedia]

5 Likes

Not sure why my paramount subscription is worth it going forward. Just buy the dvd’s and cancel it.

6 Likes

I’m not saying to do like Tendi’s family…

Image of Your family's Orion pirates?

But I’m also not not saying that

5 Likes

I think I would be more excited for that one if they made it a separate thing from the last few movies entirely.

I thought the 2009 reboot was fun even with its narrative flaws, but as the Kelvin timeline dragged on I just found it getting more and more frustrating. The biggest problem I had was that none of the villains’ motivations made any sense. Why did Nero want revenge against people who never wronged him more than he wanted to save his own planet from destruction? What was Khan’s beef with Kirk in this timeline? What was Captain Balthazar Edison‘s beef with anyone?

The OG Star Trek films weren’t perfect but most of the time I could at least fathom where the conflict came from. For example, in Star Trek III Captain Kirk killed Captain Kruge’s dog. That’s some John Wick shit right there.

10 Likes

Some deep klingon feels right there

6 Likes

IIRC he blamed Spock for the destruction of Romulus (cause Spock couldn’t stop a supernova???) so traveling back in time he hoped to destroy Vulcan and take over Romulus himself?

But spot on the other two.

4 Likes

Yes, he was angry because Spock and the Vulcan Science Academy tried to save his planet but failed because Spock got there too late. But then Nero found himself transported to the past with everything he needed to prevent disaster and decades to spare, but instead of taking steps to save Romulus he decided to murder everyone who tried to help his people the first time around.

It was dumb and they could’ve fixed it with a minor rewrite. For example, imagine the Vulcans could have saved Romulus by destroying the nearby star before it went supernova, but didn’t because they realized doing so would doom another civilization and “the needs of the many” logically dictated that Romulus must be sacrificed for the greater good. Bam! Villain’s anger is believable and his actions make sense again.

8 Likes

It’s why I rarely have any desire to ever see any more of JJ’s work.

10 Likes

Five seasons on Paramount+ is a pretty good run. And at least there’s been notice given so the series can have a proper ending.

5 Likes