QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

The writing seemed to be on the wall for a while, I think Mike McMahan was even saying after series 4 came out that he held little hope for series 6.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Star Trek Hoax GIF

7 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

he never smiles star trek GIF

9 Likes
8 Likes

Considering the original series only had three seasons I suppose it’s nothing to sneeze at in any era.

Roddenberry himself probably never imagined that one day there would be no fewer than five different Star Trek series (Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks, Prodigy, and Strange New Worlds) in production at the same time.

5 Likes

I just heard that John Trimble passed away earlier today. Along with his wife Bjo, they were a beating heart at the centre of early Trek fandom, and they organised the letter-writing campaign that got TOS renewed for series 3.

10 Likes

They had a tribute up on star trek dot com…

Very sad news…

9 Likes

Also known as Baron John ap Griffin, member of the Order of the Pelican, of the Kingdom of Caid.

6 Likes

Tomorrow, I’m playing D&D with some friends, and we are livestreaming on Twitch to raise money for charity.
One of the ways we’re going to do that is by letting viewers make small donations to affect our game. Did you see me roll well for once in my damn life, and that will not stand? You can force me to reroll, for a price.
It’s going to be a lot of fun, and I wanted to be sure that you knew about it.

from

8 Likes

I’m watching that old Roddenberry Shop show - Earth Final Conflict. And I remembered that they also did that show Andromeda; which starred Kevin Sorbo. The guy who complains about woke culture made a living off of it.

8 Likes

Amber Riley Tea GIF

6 Likes
10 Likes

13 Likes
7 Likes

14 Likes

20 Likes

I guess today is a great day to introduce you all to my Intermix Chamber (aka Mixy) where I inject matter and anti-matter before hitting the warp core.

Matter injection port

Anti-Matter injection port

13 Likes