QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

stoned star trek GIF

12 Likes

If we can get Synthehol, is there also Synthennabis?

Or even, being able to replicate a seed that is preset to the strain or a mix to then grow?

You know Keiko grew some good shit. She’d have to to put up with Miles all the time :wink:

11 Likes

ds9-obrien-shitting-me

11 Likes

Counselor Troi visits DS9 and catches up with the Chief:

Troi: I’m not saying you don’t have a loving wonderful relationship, but lets review the evidence Miles.

-She was super happy to go away for over a year to Bajor
-The moment she came back, she wanted to nap
-She conspired behind your back to let you keep dating Julian
-Was more than happy to start a triad with Kira

Miles: …

11 Likes

2o2i1w

14 Likes

Considering the misery Miles goes through at least once a season year-- Cardassian trials, psychic jail torture, etc.-- I think it’s a good thing that Keiko wants Miles to be happy where he can. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

10 Likes

Studios are so tight-lipped, but have we heard anything about why they’re cancelling Lower Decks? It clearly isn’t a falling out between the creator and the studio or a perceived shortcoming considering they announced he’s working on a different animated project (Golden Axe) for them. I’m betting it’s just the ever-increasing cost of the show.

4 Likes

Not that I’ve seen or read?

Could be, yeah, especially since Paramount seems to be having money troubles and is thinking about selling stuff off or merging with someone else.

5 Likes

Animation has a very long lead time as well - Lower Decks had (IIRC) a pair of two-series orders and one single series, which suggests that the decision was at least being mulled over more than a year ago and that would fit in with Mike McMahon saying that he wouldn’t be surprised if the show didn’t make it past series 5.

3 Likes

They just killed a very young Joseph Sisko in season 1, episode 3 of Baretta.

Boo, hiss!

7 Likes

I think you mean young Admiral Cartwright right? :wink:

Altho he was 48 at that time, I wished I looked very young at my 48.

(subnote: he gained a life long friendship with Gregory Peck after To Kill a Mockingbird. So that means Papa Sisko knows young Spock!)

6 Likes

They worked together before Trek.

5 Likes

also Sgt. Joseph Getraer is Capt Kirk’s (kelvin) dad and was even a vulcan himself on Enterprise*.

*ive always wondered, on the shuttle pod podcast Conner and Dom mentioned once a guest star who ripped off his vulcan ears and stormed off the set, never coming back. They never named names… but Mr. Pine was strangly absent from the rest of that episode after his early scenes.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Odd that they omitted Dr. Who from that chart.

10 Likes
3 Likes

The Doctor’s adventures defy most conventional measurements of time.

11 Likes

i am obsessed with this moment from what we left behind. ira steven behr is basically like, “yeah so were they buddies? ^w^” and andrew robinson in a completely deadpan, 100% serious tone just says “they fucked.” he doesn’t hesitate, he doesn’t miss a beat. he believes in garashir with his heart and soul and that is just so incredibly awesome

from

7 Likes

That explains why I got six different numbers for how many hours of Doctor Who there are.

Seriously though, I think it is just short of Star Trek at around 600 hours

10 Likes

my head canon has always beem this occured in s2 with Garak’s first return in “Cardassians” It’s a six hour round trip to Bajor by runabout.They needed something to keep them occupied on the trip back. Kudos to Andrew for always fueling Garak’s performance with this background info.

6 Likes