QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

For those who are up to date on Discovery, thoughts on this weeks Breen reveal?

5 Likes

The helmets were uninspiring. And the visual reveal was fine though I think they’re supposed to be a confederation of several species- hence the helmets. So only a reveal of one of them?

4 Likes

11 Likes

“I used to have a day job I was petty passionate about but eventually I got kind of jaded about the whole thing. Then one day, in the middle of a space-battle, it occurred to me that it was time to move on and trust that my friends would find a way to work things out on their own. So I hit the road to explore alternate planes of existence across the universe, but I still check in once in a while. So what’s your story?”

“Pretty much the same.”

13 Likes

In DS9 Kira and Damar took off the helmets of some Breens in Cardassia.

4 Likes

Dukat did as well when we first met Ziyal.

4 Likes

So the misterious Breen secret face is just a kind of marketing stunt they pulled off to sell fridges?

5 Likes

Agreed. I felt they snapped back too far from not trying to be “Bounty Hunter Princess Leia” look alike.

I always thought they were just bio suits so they could survive in warmer environments. I never thought the Confederacy meant a multiple race thing. It’s also been replaced in the 31st century by the Breen Imperium so that happened.

I did enjoy the whole we have two faces thing. Would really enjoy more exploration on that.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Ah…beta canon then. Perhaps by this point the dominate race has taken over (thus the imperium) so that is all we see in DSC.

4 Likes

Maybe. But we only saw one person .

3 Likes

Wasn’t it two? La’ak and his Uncle?

4 Likes

I don’t remember. But they were the same species. I remember something about their bloodline?

3 Likes

Just double checked. We only did see those two, so yes just one species reveal. But that is the unfortunate side of beta canon, alpha canon gets to override it at any time. Still room tho for there to be multiples, we only saw the one family helmet reveal!

2 Likes

Or confirm it. The evidence thus far is that there are several species.

4 Likes

The current Trek writers seem happy to pull stuff from the novels and other sources, like Una’s first name comes from the books (and is a reference to Una McCormack)

5 Likes

humbly contributing to the subgenre of spirk edits to mitski songs

from

6 Likes

14 Likes

A fun event, with a specific entry that was very interesting!

:vulcan_salute:t4:

5 Likes

Riker at home rules!

10 Likes