Rapist Brock Turner texted pals photos of victim's breasts

But… but… you’re just misinterpreting the actions of a good kid…

It’s campus rape culture and a completely fucked lack of justice. Influencing him

97% of the time, a rapist never even sees the inside of a courtroom. So like this is already fucked. Like… he had every expectation he’d be fine.

And if she had been a student… this woulda been taken care of. She would have been induced to hush. One way or another. He’s on the swim team.

And if the fucking swedes hadn’t been such prudish dicks… well… a bro would have understood.

Brock was raping in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Really.

That’s the tragedy. The one his parents keep pointing out.

They don’t care about that girl cause she’s some peasant. And Brock’s a noble. A little lord.

Brock’s probably representative of a 1000 good kids just like him… and he just got ‘made an example of’.

It’s why the DA is shocked at the hysteria. Next your gonna be surprised they don’t treat all rapists the same. Other factors are considered. Likelihood to repeat offend! Honestly American prisons are a money making institution… force feeding psychoactive.drugs to prisoners… and… fuck. Seriously…

Not a place for Brock. Brock can change. You’ll see.

He’s a winner.

9 Likes

Good thing this all emerged in a timely manner :confused:

I wonder just what kind of accidental rapist the judge was picturing when sentencing Turner to this wrist slap…

1 Like

I completely agree with you, but remain after many years, dumbfounded.

Utterly dumbstruck.

How is that parents - perhaps fathers in particular - look at their girls growing up and don’t do everything they can to protect them and help them deal with a difficult world (at the best of times)? I’m just … lost for words.

My view on The Rapist Brock Turner is lock 'im away. I pray that when his thirteen hours of prison are over, he does not publish a book and get rich off this. I pray, but fear.

1 Like

That seems to be the long and the short of it. The essence of the argument.

6 Likes

It’s like an unholy hybrid of a rabbit-hole and an asshole.

The deeper you go the more shit you find.

I want off this train.

9 Likes

In some ways I wonder if this could end up being closer to the kind of result that the victim would want to see. In her statement, she makes it clear that what she really wanted was for him to “get it” more than seeing him punished for what he did. Maybe he never will get it, but this case has exposed the inner workings of rape culture and entitlement to the world in a way that a more proportional sentence would not. This isn’t new information - the judge knew that Brock Turner texted naked pictures of his incapacitated victim to friends, who apparently didn’t report him. He knew that Brock’s claims about the past and promises about the future were false. He knew that Brock was aware that his victim was incapacitated and conscious of his own actions. We can see plainly how this predatory and narcissistic behaviour was encouraged by the parents, to the extent that even his mother shows no consideration for the victim’s suffering despite knowing all of this. Brock and his family may not get it, but nobody can deny that rape can be categorical, obvious, violent, witnessed by multiple men and still barely punished because the rapist comes from a successful white family. Or that warning signs can be ignored or dismissed by many people. Nobody can unrape this woman, but if this does provoke cultural change (and it’s depressing that this is a big if), this may make life safer for other women.

15 Likes

He hasn’t enjoyed a steak like he used to in months. Isn’t that punishment enough, you heartless Internet?

4 Likes

I try not to add a comment just to thank someone else for their comment or to repeat what’s already been said, especially in a thread like this where I’m in danger of running out of “likes”, but thank you for articulating why the sentence he’s received bothers me so much.

It’s not just the shortness of the sentence and the possibility that it could be cut in half for “good behavior” (although I hope that now the bar for that has been raised considering his history). It’s that he’s unlikely to get the help he needs. It’s not that I want him to be let off the hook. On the contrary I believe he needs to be held responsible for his actions, but part of being held responsible should be treatment for his problems. And even without the trappings of wealth and privilege he’d be unlikely to get that treatment. It’s a larger problem with our criminal justice system that the assumption is that the only way to deal with crime is to stick someone in a box for a while. Efforts to try and make it likely for someone to commit more crimes on release are too often dismissed as an expensive form of leniency.

It’s disturbing that the publicity surrounding this case may be one of the few things that will, hopefully, prevent him from committing worse crimes on release.

7 Likes

And he took little Suzie to the Junior Prom
Excitable boy, they all said
And he raped her and killed her, then he took her home
Excitable boy, they all said
Well, he’s just an excitable boy

3 Likes

California has a law that someone who has committed a crime cannot profit by it, and this includes selling his story. He can tell it to an interviewer, but he cannot be compensated. His family cannot circumvent this and funnel the money to him. This is the one law that California seems to tightly enforce.

11 Likes

Cut the prison rape BS, please. It’s not funny. He’s an utter creep, but he doesn’t deserve that. No one does, which is the entire point.

28 Likes

And I’d add even if you do happen to believe he does deserve it, it’s still not an act we can support or condone if we want to be a society worth saving.

14 Likes

A light has been shone!

Maybe sunlight can disinfect rape culture…

3 Likes

I’ve seen quite a few mutants referring to this PoS spending time in prison- but from what I understand (plz PLZ correct me if I’m wrong) is that he’ll be doing his time in the county jail.

For those that don’t know or haven’t been, prison && jail are massively different. With prison being a well dangerous place vs jail, while having its own dangers to be sure, is mainly short-termers & non-violent offenders (ex: where you’ll do your six month term for your third DUI).

Additionally, he will be doing his time in protective custody. This keeps him out of genpop & without a celly. It also all but guarantees he’ll get the “good behavior” as all he’ll need to do in order to tick that box is not assault a guard / whom will largely be the only people he interacts with.

This is like being sent to your room for three months with strict supervision- it is not the dangerous “prison” environment we all seem to think of.

It also ensures he won’t face reprisals from within the prison populations hierarchy for his crime & wealth.

11 Likes

"The memo says on June 3, 2014 Turner’s sister asked him via text, “Did you rage last night?” "

Rape, DAMN YOU AUTOCORRECT

3 Likes

No. It’s not an excuse. I think we all want him to spend more time in jail for his crime, but that’s still not an excuse for wishing rape on him.

13 Likes

Yes, he was.

1 Like

Wishing for rape as “justice”, good job adding to the sleaze and filth of the situation and perpetuating the rape of innocents.

You glorify rape.

11 Likes

Your posts are causing my strabismus to act up. Stop that.

6 Likes

I will always wonder how much sports has to do with this case; not so much in the jock culture contributing to rape culture as the sports fanaticism propping up athletes as something better than normal humans.

3 Likes