Read the letter NY gov Andrew Cuomo received, with N95 mask, from Kansas farmer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/24/read-the-letter-ny-gov-andrew.html

21 Likes

John Kranicki, heads up. #SomeGoodNews

14 Likes

Farmer Dennis for President 2020.

21 Likes

Well, wouldja look at that; faith in humanity, turns out there’s a least a smidgen left…

26 Likes

In Kansas: humanity and willingness to sacrifice.

In the White House: habitual lying, unspeakable stupidity, incompetence, corruption, greed, selfishness, childishness, dementia, and concern for nothing but getting one’s ass kissed.

21 Likes

Donald Trump for inmate 2021.

20 Likes

The fellow’s still farming it seems, since he helped that smidgen of faith grow just a little bit for me at least.

10 Likes

This is what humanity should look like.

Bravo to Cuomo and even more to this farmer!

5 Likes

Let’s keep rolling:

6 Likes

For fuck’s sake, STOP FRAMING THESE AS HEARTWARMING. This is like when the news highlights a “feel good” story about a kid having a bake sale to pay for their parent’s cancer treatment. This is a inhuman failure of the system and should be treated with horror. This should reaffirm one’s faith in humanity about as much as watching someone who’s been gut-shot trying to push their own intestines back into their body in a vain attempt to stay alive

6 Likes

The times of Cato the Younger, who pulled his intestines from his body twice to try to “honorably” leave the world Caesar was reforming for Caesar, those times are gone.

When you can’t run, you crawl. And when you can’t crawl, when you can’t do that … you find someone to carry you.

I would hope that we each of us help carry one another.

6 Likes

That was slightly hard to read, would’ve appreciated a transcript of the letter. That aside it is a rather nice gesture/letter

1 Like

For something to warm a heart, there must be a heart to warm. YMMV.

Here’s hoping no one pees in your corn flakes again.

7 Likes

this is the kind of letter some real salt of the earth would write a president

since we are absent that, I can see why Cuomo is quality substitute

people may not agree with all of his politics but only a fool would not agree he is a true leader

and no we don’t need him as president, there were plenty of quality candidates these past couple years, america decided to go with stupid for some reason but still lightyears beyond the dumpsterfire we have now

4 Likes

thats how i feel about every gofundme campaign. individually nice but depressing as hell because of what it says. that someone is broke and probably in debt because they got sick and their ability to pay is based on how many friends they have that are also not completely destitute. completely unsustainable on a societal level.

6 Likes

you realize -both- can be true right? both government can fail us and then little lights of humanity can appear to put it in context how radically bad this is, just like all the healthcare workers throwing themselves on the fire, shouldn’t be necessary and their price is terrible but still incredibly inspiring and noble

24 Likes

scratch the surface and you’ll see cuomo is a corrupt asshole. honestly i think his main personality trait is a need for attention. probably from fighting to please his dad in childhood or something. in this particular case, hes getting attention by doing something good. which works. the past couple years he’s been doing it by constantly fighting with the mayor of NYC… who i think he’s jealous of, also because of the attention.

1 Like

very true. like i can also simultaneously have tremendous respect for a person who grew up in poverty but worked really hard to make a good life for themselves and overcome their disadvantage, while appreciating that the systematic oppression that makes 95 percent of people in their situation fail to achieve the same is a deep injustice that needs to be corrected.

1 Like

Approximately the following, punctuation and the wife’s name notwithstanding:

Dear Mr. Cuomo,
I seriously doubt that you will ever read this letter as I know you are busy beyond belief with the disaster that has befallen our country. We currently (As of March 26, 2020) are a nation in crisis, of that there is no doubt. Your approach has been spot on correct. I commend you for that & for especially for telling the truth, something that has been sorely lacking as of late.
I am a retired farmer hunkered down in N.E. Kansas with my wife who has but one lung and occasional problems with her remaining lung. She also has diabetes. We are in our 70’s now & frankly I am afraid for her.
Enclosed find a solitary N.95 mask left over from my farming days. It has never been used. If you could, would you please give this mask to a nurse or doctor in your city. I have kept four masks for my immediate family. Please keep on doing what you do so well, which is to lead -
Sincerely, Dennis & Sherry.

10 Likes

Nobody is jealous of Bill DeBlasio. Absolutely nobody.

2 Likes