Real estate listing glosses over cemetery in the backyard

I guess it’s better than an apartment (since you build equity), but no front yard, no back yard, no off street parking. Ugh.

3 Likes

Sure. At the time. I make no promises if it lasts into the future!

3 Likes

Of course, but make sure they slap this on for good measure

5 Likes

Philadelphia is one of the country’s oldest cities, way older than Chicago or LA, so I would expect that small cemeteries like this one being intermingled in residential neighborhoods is even more common there.

As some people have already pointed out upthread, historically they’ve been seen as nice places in a community to have a picnic and remember loved ones, and weren’t seen as macabre, spooky settings for Tim Burton films.

4 Likes

There’s a huge cemetery in Wichita called Resthaven, which would be a nice place to visit if there were only some covered picnic areas to beat the summer heat. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Queue up to 2:54 for cool cemetery.

3 Likes

You all ought to check out Highgate Cemetery in London, it’s got some esteemed residents, such as Karl Marx and Malcolm McLaren, and large parts are heavily overgrown. One half is open to the public, the other half on the other side of the road is only open to guided groups. Wonderful place to wander around.
My own family has a grave in the churchyard of the Church of St Nicholas of Myra, in the little village of Slaughterford in Wiltshire. It was built in the 15th Century, partly destroyed by Richard Cromwell’s troops on their way to Ireland in around 1649, and was rebuilt in 1823.
My relatives grave goes back to the early part of the 20th century, one relative was killed in action at Arras on the 9 April 1917: he was 19…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.