Reince Priebus out of Trump White House

Yet the republican party is still getting boners. They are into some dark shit.

10 Likes

Perhaps John Kelly is as honorable as they say but I’ll bet Littlefingers will force him to do or say something he’ll be ashamed of for the rest of his life. Trumpism is a communicable disease.

6 Likes

The combination of Trump and Scaramouch would be tough to take.

3 Likes

Boy, I sure am tired of all this winning. Someone please, make it stop.

25 Likes

There is no honor in the trump administration. If I was a service person in the military I would be thinking twice about things.

1 Like

Does free legal counsel come with the job? Because if it don’t…

5 Likes

He just managed to quickly and brutally remove one of the very few factors restricting his abuse of power.

Trump’s week is going fine.

10 Likes

You’re doing that unhelpful ‘doomsday’ shit again, dude.

Mark my words, and mark them well: I will live to see the dawn after this long-ass dark night, and I’m not giving up.

EVER.

eye

24 Likes

tumblr_ottj5q4oO81w97wono1_540

34 Likes

So this is interesting. /pol/ had someone claiming to be in the White House post a long list of plans Trump has for the future that included firing Reince Priebus on 7/27 apparently, so of course they are now celebrating how the “leaker” in the WH got fired.

5 Likes

And many here are continuing to do their “ha ha, Trump is such a buffoon that this administration is surely going to collapse under the weight of its own ridiculousness”.

Which isn’t just “unhelpful”, it’s suicidal on a global scale.

At no point have I been arguing that the rise of the TrumpGOP represents inescapable doom.

What I have been arguing is that the TrumpGOP represent an immediate catastrophic threat to the entire world, and that they are not going away until Americans are willing to take to the streets and fucking well make them.

The demise of Priebus is nothing to celebrate. It represents an escalation of danger, not a reduction.

15 Likes

Not to mention Kelly’s appointment virtually guarantees a war with Iran is on the horizon.

However: I’ve seen it reported that Priebus didn’t sign an NDA, but can’t find any good source for that.

EDIT

And Fox News was pushing pro-war articles this morning about Iran and NK.

10 Likes

Trump’s entire time in office will be nothing but him firing people because things are not going well-- it must be somebody’s fault and it sure as hell ain’t Trump’s fault, so the culprit must be around here somewhere.

Sessions will be next, and Scaramucci probably won’t last long either.

Think about that image: Trump constantly touting how successful his Presidency is, while also firing people left and right.

And then Fox News coming up with more and more excuses/explanations, as Trump’s approval rating drops.

A perfect storm of stupidity.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Chuck Grassley, chair of the Judiciary committee, has publicly said that if Trump fires Sessions that he won’t schedule hearings on any successors.

The administration has been trying to strongarm Senate committee chairs (they tried with Murkowski over health care), and the chairs have been flexing their muscles in response. We seem to be approaching the day when senior republicans in Congress finally decide that opposing Trump is politically better for them or their agendas than supporting him. If that day actually arrives, it will be all over for the administration. That won’t necessarily mean impeachment, or even the ability to avoid war with N. Korea, but it will put the rest of the Trump agenda into limp-home mode.

11 Likes

Don’t forget, it’s the (left wing) media that’s REALLY the problem here. Constantly attacking our poor prez…

6 Likes

It’s often not your words, it’s the perpetual tone of the comments:

You’ve shared a bit of your life and your personal issues, so allow me to reciprocate:

I wake up every single day wondering if I’m still stuck in the freakin’ Twilight Zone, and a quick check of the news feeds assures me that I am.

No matter what I’m doing, thinking or feeling, there’s always an underlying sense of dread, anxiety and barely contained horror; wondering if this is the day when we finally hit the point of no return and everything I’ve ever known slips into the abyss.

Everyday is a struggle not to give into despair and hopelessness.

Every moment is tinged with a slight sense of helpless frustration; because the ‘id’ part of me wants to scream, rage and riot in the streets until the powers that be ‘make it right…’ but the ‘super-ego’ part of me knows that I can’t afford to risk civil disobedience, because I’m a working-poor Black single mother, and the system is already set up as a series of traps to incarcerate people like me for even the slightest infraction… and if something dire happens to me, then my kid goes into the system, and all her hopes for the future are fucked.

This is my reality, everyday… living with this awful knowledge and the neverending stress, while still trying to maintain my personal, ever-so-fragile ‘status quo’; earning a living, raising my kid as best I can, and doing my damnedest just to hang in there.

Though your comments are usually intelligent and insightful, they are often deeply pessimistic and depressing, as if we don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of surviving this shit.

Again, when everyday’s already a struggle just to keep my head up, that’s no help whatsoever.

I get it that you care deeply and you’re often just trying to warn us; but when I see you complaining about the lack of civil unrest in my country, it often feels like you’re victim blaming and, if I’m being totally honest, spreading the misery around a little.

Trust me, I’m not “celebrating;” I’m holding my breath, and hoping for dear life that it’s not my last.

30 Likes

I have often thought (and sometimes said), that one good thing to come out of the trumpster fire is that Congress might decide to take back some of the power it has ceded to the president over the years.

7 Likes

4 Likes

That’ll get us all killed unless we nip it in the bud.

3 Likes