Reince Priebus out of Trump White House

The bus - its wheels, they fall off…

7 Likes

As we have all grown to expect, the Self-Owning Nostradamus of Twitter has an answer for you:

16 Likes

Good way to get yourself impeached. The party is Trump’s firewall and they only have so many fucks to give.

8 Likes

We are showering the roadways with sparks at this point…the gas tank metal is wearing through…

5 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing…

When the fucks run out, you’re in trouble.

3 Likes

So he drained the swamp, filled it up, and drained it again?

5 Likes

We’ve had millions on the streets protesting Trump. How about you Australians taking to the streets and doing something about Turnbull?

2 Likes

What, seriously, has Turnbull done to justify that?

1 Like

Fuck yeah.

5 Likes

Fuck levels dropping.

5 Likes

“Hello, Reince? Hey, it’s Bob Mueller.”

That will be an interesting conversation…

14 Likes

As I’ve argued before: 1960’s style street-theatre symbolic protest is inadequate to the point of almost total uselessness. Public opinion is irrelevant when the elections are rigged.

It needs to be sustained disruptive civil disobedience. Not aimed at changing hearts and minds, aimed at preventing the continuation of normal business until the issue is resolved. That is the only chance of getting out of this without violent insurrection.

For what? Turnbull is a standard issue Oz centre-right screw-the-poor politician, but he isn’t anywhere close to a fascist. His politics are to the left of many of the US Democrats.

There’s also the point that Australia still has a functioning electoral system, so we retain the ability to influence our government by democratic means. You save the civil unrest for situations in which normal political solutions have clearly failed, such as the current USA.

The entirety of the Australian military contains less people than the USMC reserve. The only threat of war coming from Australia is due to the US soldiers in Darwin and the US spy bases out in the desert.

If I were lobbying Turnbull, I’d be pushing him to withdraw from ANZUS and expel the foreign troops before it’s too late.

10 Likes

He’s the Sisyphus of swamps.

8 Likes
2 Likes

“Bannon, the fuck levels are dropping! I need more fuck, the very best!”
“Mmmmphmm!”

7 Likes

We are long past fruit turnovers and well into savory turnovers at this time.

3 Likes

More fuck bigly!

Close. It’s actually lube, not oil…

Do you want us on the streets protesting, or don’t you? Or are you saying you want us to take to the streets armed? In which case, no.

How about you Australians taking to the streets and doing something about Turnbull?

For what? Turnbull is a standard issue Oz centre-right screw-the-poor politician, but he isn’t anywhere close to a fascist.

But he’s your problem. Until you’re willing to do something about your problem, why should we give a toss about your incessant calls on us to do something about our problem (or criticisms about how we’re handling it)?

We’re well aware of our political issues, and trying to deal with them as best we can, your posts on this feel like single people criticizing parents for how they’re raising their kids wrong. Sometimes the parents are doing something wrong, but often the critics don’t know what the fuck they’re talking about and should mind their own beeswax.

There’s also the point that Australia still has a functioning electoral system, so we retain the ability to influence our government by democratic means.

Our electoral system is functioning fine. Our political system – from the candidates available to the preferences of the American voting public – has issues, in part due to allowing Australians to buy and corrupt our news media. That’s not because we have voting machines and party primaries and use FPTP voting.

You want us to be more like you? Fine, get a PM who doesn’t say law trumps math and doesn’t want to put spyware in every refrigerator, and get rid of your queen for heaven’s sake, and we’ll listen to what you have to say. And before you tell me that the monarchy is irrelevant and your PM is not so bad, ask yourself what makes you so certain that your understanding of my political system is so much better than my understanding of yours.

4 Likes

Protesting yes, armed no.

But meaningful protest looks like this:

Not this:

(yes, I know that is an image of a parody sign from Burning Man)

Violence from the protesters is not required or desirable. Violence from the police is almost inevitable, and needs to be resisted. Not with counter-violence, but with a refusal to clear the streets.

Forget the clever theatre, forget the witty protest signs, forget about seeking permission and cooperation from the authorities. Block traffic, make noise, and keep doing it 24/7 for as long as necessary. If it doesn’t cause massive and lasting disruption, it isn’t doing the job.

Because America is everyone’s problem. You have the most oversized and consistently aggressive military in the history of the planet. The damage that the TrumpGOP is doing to America is nothing compared to the slaughter that the US military is preparing to unleash upon the world.

Your electoral system is dead and rotting. The extent of systemic bias, disenfranchisement and general ratfuckery was already extreme prior to the rise of the TrumpGOP. By the time the midterms roll around, the red states are going to be no more democratic than Putin’s Russia.

6 Likes