Religious scholar says serial liar Madison Cawthorn needs to go back to Bible study

Did he mention Sky Cake? He’s not going to be taken seriously unless he mentions Sky Cake.

Be nice if they could be joined by Cancun Cruz, Empty G, et.al., lashed into their own wheel chairs.
Hell, make a race out of it. Put it on pay per view & retire everyone’s student debts with the proceeds.
Put You Know Who as a contestant, broadcast it worldwide & make enough to retire the budget deficit.

4 Likes

Just gonna put this here:

4 Likes

“I’ve done everything the Bible says – even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!” -Ned Flanders

9 Likes

Can’t find it now, but I read a lovely quote by a former literalist: “There’s nothing wrong with having the theology of an 11-year-old, provided you are actually 11 years old.”

6 Likes

Republicans don’t actually read the Bible. They just make up what the Bible says on the fly to suit their ideology.

5 Likes

I can simplify it for you: republicans never speak in good faith and will grasp at any straw they think gives them power over you.

5 Likes

Unless one is a disciple of Gla’aki.

2 Likes

Extra props for “Do u even Jesus, Bro?” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We do.

1 Like

…which of course all fits with Exodus 33:23…

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Yes, this is the hand of God actively correcting the Bible. And yet the unfaithful want to stick to the older, inaccurate version.

/s /s and just to be really safe /S

3 Likes

I had an opportunity to play for Real Madrid. It was an incredibly unrealistic opportunity, considering they never saw me play and I wasn’t even good enough for pub league football, but it was an opportunity.

7 Likes

I was raised Catholic, but barely. Only when to catechism, on years there was a sacrament involved (communion, reconciliation, confirmation). Only went to church when I was going to catechism. And I took a Catholicism class in college (Catholic college). AND YET when I talk to my husband, who was raised Baptist and went to church a lot, did youth group, all that good Baptist stuff, I am constantly explaining things in the bible that he’s literally never heard of. (and goodness, when I tried to explain strictly Catholic stuff like transubstantiation, hooo boy was he confused).

4 Likes

Gotta tell you, all these Southern Baptists tend to call it “revelations” (I was raised Catholic in Michigan, living in Georgia is a trip for real).

1 Like

Do they include these in their Bible?

/s

6 Likes

No, but you have guaranteed I spend my afternoon in a wikipedia rabbit hole, and for that I thank you.

5 Likes

From an article on the wicked bibles.

Russell, R. (1980). The “Wicked” Bibles. Theology Today, 37(3), 360–363. doi:10.1177/004057368003700311

1 Like
3 Likes

Alternatively:

3 Likes

I took Catholic RCIA classes, and as a result I knew more about the Catholic faith and traditions than many life long Catholics. :confused:

He shouldn’t feel bad, Christ’s own followers were confused! He started losing people with that one.

I love the concept of Transubstantiation, especially when engaging with a young earth creationists. They insist the word of God in the Bible is literal when looking at something like Genesis. I then ask them if they believe in Transubstantiation, which of course they don’t. I then ask why they chose to interpret visions from prophets of the Old Testament as literal, but the actual word of Christ, who lost followers from it, gets explained away as being allegorical?

1 Like