Mothersworth
Cnidium Monnieri
Angelica
Borneol
Rhizoma

3 Likes

I’m not sure she’s doing it right…

14 Likes

Ah, I just read the BB OP, but didn’t follow it back to the original article/ad. No, those are not “tea leaves”. The first two seem popular in Asian female medicines, but I don’t know the specifics. And “Rhizoma” could mean any number of things - ginger, ginseng, lotus, bamboo?

You beat me by seconds! Yes, that’s more like what I was thinking of.

2 Likes

Or just plain woo.

8 Likes

Someone should get to the root of it. It’s steeped in mystery.

19 Likes

“Mom, do you ever get that ‘womb-full-of-toxins’ feeling?”
“Sure, that’s why I stick Herbal Womb Detox Pearls up there.”

7 Likes

hoo hoo woo

6 Likes

Indeed, Dr. Freud! Women and their fathomless hoo hoo hoohas being the darkest continent and all.

Verily now is the time for all good men to go spelunking with their balls into the deepest feminine recesses. Having boldly gone where only clueless men have gone before, they can empty their balls and read the revelatory tea-leaves.

8 Likes

From their site:
Rhizoma is a perennial herbal plant that is primarily cultivated in the Sichuan province of China. One of the B vitamins in the herb is folate which has been shown to facilitate women’s health. Rhizoma plays a fundamental part in controlling hot flashes, regulating menstruation, improving blood circulation, and removing toxins.

Is this a symptom of too much Vitamin D?

2 Likes

Come on, it seemed like anise joke at the time.

13 Likes

Almost – too much Vitamin E.

5 Likes

Nah. “Tisane” has meant “drink steeped from other herbs” for a while now (moving on from its original “barley water”), so it is a correct term. Using “tea” vs “herbal tea” might offend some sensibilities, but it’s arguably the better established alternative.

I might possibly be biased by really disliking the sound and look of “tisane” as a word.

1 Like

Lighten up, Rosemary.

5 Likes

I am sure it can have both meanings, many words can handle more than one.

But it might be once again (as usual?) a case of people mangling terms with other meanings instead of using one which already means what they intend to say. A general term for boiled herbs is “decoction”, so I would use it to avoid the confusion of other overlapping meanings. But, hey, I’ve been told that my word usage is confusing! YUODMMV

I think it is a poor attempt to curry favor with the forum regulars. It would be different if they were at least oregano, but most of them are pretty dill and boring. Though I am surprised the sage ginger, Rob, hasn’t made a comment.

8 Likes

15 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes