Rep. Cummings' pallbearer refuses to shake 'Moscow Mitch' McConnell's hand

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/25/rep-cummings-pallbearer-ref.html

13 Likes

Chuck Schumer’s epic side-eye at the end is EVERYTHING.

39 Likes

In before the usual pearl-clutching comments bemoaning the lack “civility” and “politeness” and “comity”, to remind everyone that a powerful and corrupt politician who enables right-wing populists should be treated like a pariah.

I hope that look indicates that Schumer recognises that his sympathies in this case are with the pallbearer and not with his “honourable” fellow old white male colleague across the aisle. But I’m not 100% sure.

26 Likes

I didn’t see that look as sympathetic at all.

It read as a smirking “That’s what you get.”

30 Likes

I guess I read Schumers facial expression as more of “that’s what you get” than commiseration. Perhaps I am projecting, though, because I wouldn’t take Moscow Mitch’s hand if he was pulling me out of a hole.

22 Likes

Jinx, I owe you a coke!

12 Likes

Yeah, looking at it again it’s a little enigmatic. I just edited to reflect that.

8 Likes

Vanilla coke, please!

8 Likes

Smart move, because the only reason he’d be doing that is to steal your wristwatch before he lets you go again.

22 Likes

I could watch him not shake McConnell’s hand all day long.

26 Likes

Depends. Can I yank him in (hey, Mitch! Science is real! Gravity says hello!), stand on him to get out, call it a tragic accident and that I am sure his bootstraps will come in handy, then walk away?

Because I am nasty like that when someone has earned it. Someone like Mitch has definitely earned it.

32 Likes

giphy

30 Likes

Thank you Rep. Cummings, we’ll just add that one to the collection of this smug enabler’s humiliations.

18 Likes

Lie down with Klan members, expect to be treated like you have fleas.

26 Likes

The guy should have shaken Mitch’s hand. Hard. Like clamp hard. Mitch must have frail bones at his age so I bet someone who is able to lift the coffin of a hero could have…

11 Likes

Yeah! I wouldn’t let him piss on me if I was on fire!

Wait, that came out wrong…

21 Likes

He’s already pissing on this entire country.

FU KY.

12 Likes

I’m not shaking his hand right now!

16 Likes

Personally, the look on McConnell’s face at the end is my favorite part.

22 Likes

That look definitely calls for a sad trombone.

24 Likes