Rep. Marie Newman on her "deeply broken" office neighbor Marjorie Taylor Greene: "She needs help"

So is McConnell and he manages to ruin everything and thwart the democratic process while maintaining a serious demeanor. He’s not a person who obviously needs mental health help. He’s just an evil person who doesn’t care about others. Pence is the same.

I think in that way you have two different camps of Republicans who can share regressive and harmful ideologies.

12 Likes

Yeah MTG isn’t mentally ill. She’s just a dirtbag fascist. If people would just have the guts to actually call her a fascist rather than trying to coddle her then maybe we might get her out of office sooner rather than later. Anyone who thinks she’s not a fascist better tell me why and not just make stuff up. Seriously, this woman wants the state to kill folks like me because of some nonsense like Qanon and other drivel, so yeah she’s a fascist.

28 Likes

That doesn’t mean she wasn’t an adolescent “mean girl” who never grew up or matured in any sense whatsoever.

6 Likes

Sure. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if she was horrible as a teen. Beyond the normal way teens can be horrible.
But the thing about her being “mentally ill” was what I meant. I suppose one could make the case that she suffers from arrested development to a certain extent, but that doesn’t make her crazy.
She’s doing what she set out to do - doing nothing as a representative in congress and trying to disrupt her fellow representatives in the worst way possible.

11 Likes

The first step to getting help is admitting that you have a problem. And the first step to admitting that you have a problem is becoming self-aware.

2 Likes

Some people are truly mentally ill and have great difficulty controlling their behavior and deserve compassion.

Greene is just an asshole.

9 Likes

There’s a difference between “mental illness” and “moral illness”. She’s not CRAZY, she’s BAD. A lot of modern leftists have a hard time admitting that some folks are just BAD people who do bad things because they’re jerks. Their brains aren’t necessarily broken (although a lot of them are) they’re just doing horrible shit because they like doing horrible shit, because they’re terrible human beings. Even if we fixed their brains, they’d still do horrible shit, they’d just be better at it.

12 Likes

Yeah, agreed, she is just an asshole and should be called out as such.

4 Likes

Too bitter, tigers would pass.

4 Likes

So, help excluding sociopathy from their favorite personal choices. Medical intercession demanded by peers. What would make that a priority for she and her office? Just call it a supremacy self-medication clinic with affirmative intake indicators for those terms? (Exam conditions of a white RealDoll while settling on a disposition?)

5 Likes

I’d say nearly everyone living in the modern world needs some amount of professional help, but most of us dont go around screaming at coworkers or strangers, or need to be physically restrained. She might benefit from counselling and/or strong psychedelics, or just bankruptcy and jail time to shock her out of herself. But thats true for a lot of people.

2 Likes

And to own the benjamins.

7 Likes

Yeah, I think this is exactly what she’s doing. Not politics but performance art for cash. I’ll bet if one were to really get into the books of her reelection committee there would be all kinds of sordid stuff going on with that cash. If I were a betting man, I’d bet heavily that she continues to raise money her whole term, then bows out just before the election “because the libs won’t let her speak the truth” and retires to a non-extradition country somewhere with all that reelection money…

4 Likes

They really need to crack down on people using their election funds as piggy banks, starting with a forensic audit of the Trump campaigns.

12 Likes
10 Likes

From the article:

“While politicians inside the Beltway attack her daily, Americans are rushing to stand beside the Notorious MTG

How dare they co-opt from RBG!?! :rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

Can we get that changed to “detestable” or “loathsome” MTG, stat?

11 Likes

How about Deplorable? I think both sides could agree to like that.
If I didn’t detest these people so much, I would pity them for having to live inside their own heads.

9 Likes

The last few minutes of the monologue…

6 Likes

She needs an audit.

9 Likes