Rep. Pramila Jayapal eviscerates Bill Barr for 'real discrepancy' in responses to Trump supporters, vs. BLM protesters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/28/watch-rep-pramila-jayapal-evi.html

24 Likes

So proud I get to vote for her.

52 Likes

she wasn’t about to listen to any of his hair-splitting bullshit either.

48 Likes

Always satisfying to hear what most of us know said right to his face.

60 Likes

Good for her; it’s well past time to stop enabling the bullshit by even entertaining it.

56 Likes

YES!

Saw this live, she was ON FIRE WITH THE FLAME OF TRUTH!!

We must call out these fascists like this, to their faces, for what they are.

59 Likes

This exactly. Every time.

48 Likes

Yes!
I love that she calls him out on his “I was unaware” statement! That always kills me, and when the reporters don’t follow up.
But she’s all like, “Oh, you are the top cop of the USA, and you were unaware that these protesters called for the governor to be lynched and beheaded???”
Really calls into question his ability to stay informed.

58 Likes

Yes, and even more to her point, how criminally selective his projected and deployed conception of “dangerous protesters” is (since he no doubt was made aware of the lynching-minded ones).

41 Likes

osh

15 Likes

That stuck out to me. That’s the exact sort of thing it is his job to be aware of. Saying you’re unaware of such is the same as admitting incompetence.

51 Likes

Exactly. He went straight into the “it’s my job to protect federal structures” or some such, kind of saying this was a State matter. I’m not a legal scholar, and can’t attest to the verity of his argument (and admittedly haven’t watched his whole appearance) but it still begs the question of exactly what federal structure he was protecting by clearing the way for that bible-hoisting photo op.

40 Likes

It’s difficult to feel hopeful for the future of the United States these days, but I am pleased to know that there are some individuals with integrity and compassion in government. Please continue to elect more people like Pramila.

30 Likes

It was amazing and ridiculous how many times he claimed to have no knowledge of Trump’s tweets which directly related to actions of the DOJ. He’s a flat, fucking liar.

37 Likes

Just donated to her reelection.

Barr is the new John Mitchell. Disbarment is the least he should face.

29 Likes

This was a good moment too. It cuts off the part about it being illegal besides being inappropriate.

29 Likes

“Sorry you had to struggle with that one, sir.”
It shouldn’t be what makes me laugh, but thank you, it made me laugh. Now I’m thinking of watching the whole thing, but not sure if the household can handle the inevitable shouting at the screen that will ensue.

24 Likes

AND she squeezed in a “mail-in voter fraud” debunking report!

23 Likes

Even though they mean the same thing, “disembowels” would have been better than “eviscerates” in this case. The former is more visceral… and spins my wheels.

Pramila Jayapal disembowels Bill Barr. My spokes are a blur right now.

10 Likes

15 Likes