Republican candidate Greg Gianforte attacks reporter during interview (Updated: he's been charged with assault)

Man, these Russian wannabes are getting testy. Worried perhaps?

Lawyer up comrade.

10 Likes

I seem to recall a time when being right wing did not necessarily mean that you were a violent bully or someone who thought bullying was A-OK. Alas, no longer.

16 Likes

Most wild animals are better than that! :wink:

6 Likes

There was that time when Ronny Reagan body slammed Sam Donaldson.

7 Likes

Last I heard, he was getting his elbow x-rayed. I dunno. I think that the candidate’s press release doesn’t match up very well with the recording. Now, does he do a Trump and just change the story with no explanation? :unamused:

7 Likes

Somebody has to put the ‘fist’ in ‘pacifist’; right?

20 Likes

Assaultive, poor impulse control and stupid enough to do something like this the night before the election is no way to go through life son.

26 Likes

And now Fox News is supporting the Guardian?
The world just doesn’t make sense anymore!

37 Likes

The sad thing about this is that it’s not one bit surprising. Repubs adhere to the might make right theory of life and Ill bet this behavior gats him points for being a common kick-ass good ole boy. " he sure showed that little liberal crybaby how a man does things" Watt a trashy bastard. If the sound that is credible Giantfart was itching for aa show and got his wish…Playground bullies.

8 Likes

If it wasn’t for those liberal Murdock kids, he would have got away with it too!

13 Likes

way to tank your political career, dude.

3 Likes

you nuts? It’s going to be Gianforte for POTUS 2024.

8 Likes

I just want to point out that one of the few politicians whose prior work practically consisted of body-slamming people for a living - did not do so while on the campaign trail or in office.

32 Likes

i suppose it is montana. but it’s not like it’s iowa or texas, so i’m just not sure…

2 Likes

I can see his campaign slogan now:

MAKE AMERICA
A GIANT FORT!

10 Likes

It’s not assault if the sheriff is one of your political donors.

7 Likes

That and what the writer is describing isn’t reasonable: imagine, somebody grabs a guy’s wrist and somehow they both…spin to the floor?
Is this a circus act?

1 Like

Yeah, I really hope the reporter presses charges. I mean, this IS a reporter working for the Guardian.

2 Likes

Yup. It’s almost as if he wanted to be caught.

Aaaand, there’s your motive.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is the weirdest moment where I have to cheer the fact that Fox News employees actually described Gianforte’s conduct as being worse than just what Jacobs described and directly contradicted the press release from Gianforte’s camp.

At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, “I’m sick and tired of this!”

Jacobs scrambled to his knees and said something about his glasses being broken. He asked Faith, Keith and myself for our names. In shock, we did not answer. Jacobs then said he wanted the police called and went to leave. Gianforte looked at the three of us and repeatedly apologized. At that point, I told him and Scanlon, who was now present, that we needed a moment. The men then left.

To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte…

24 Likes