Republican congressman says Dems “set up” Charlottesville statue protest

How ironic that the folks who like to wave the flags of armies that have lost to the US Army also talk about ‘false flags’ as much as they tend to.

2 Likes

You need to keep your eye on the reality rather than the rhetoric, though. The right are already inventing and promoting completely fake leftist attacks; eventually, they’re likely to try reinforcing the propaganda with action.

3 Likes

know them by their ham fists.

5 Likes

That is a feature of conspiracy nuts.

The government pulled off the most sophisticated hoax of all time with 9/11!

The government left clues in the moon landing footage because they are sloppy.

1 Like

veterans of future wars? are there t-shirts in kid sizes?

6 Likes

Where does a down on his luck actor find these jobs? Asking for a friend.

3 Likes

Not stole, exactly, but Cicero has this to say:

Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum cum superiorum aetate contexitur?

“Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever. For what is the time of a man, except it be interwoven with that memory of ancient things of a superior age?”

(From https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Cicero )

5 Likes

That’s not the one I’m foggily remembering… perhaps it wasn’t ol’ Chick Pea after all, and that’s why I’m not able to find it now.

Considering what Rohrabacher was claiming, may I suggest that the quote above be replaced with, “If the Dems were sneaky, scheming, sociopathic assholes…”

That would explain why the Dems didn’t do it.

:slight_smile:

There needs to be an unbreakable rule of law that you must prove one false flag rumor/conspiracy theory before you can start another. I would like it to be a new amendment, but it looks like we’ll have to fight to keep the Constitution from being ignored as it is.

2 Likes

George Soros must have spent an awful lot of money to create the months long trail of publicly documented organization by key, public Alt-Right leaders and open White Supremacists directly related to planning this thing. And the weeks of lead up where they all talked about going armed, what they’d be armed with, and what they’d like to do to counter protesters. And the announcements of official Alt-Right marches, and why it was to be done at Charlottesville.

And man you figure Civil War reenactors would have at least a passing familiarity with the symbols of white supremacy, neo-confederates, and the Klan (TORCH LIGHT PROCESSION really?). What with all their active interest and expertise in history and all that.

That criticism could go in both directions

Anyone we are opposed to is essentially Hank Skorpio.

3 Likes

Mr. Congressman will you please go fuck yourself in the most violent way possible?

The nazis planned their own march. They encouraged people to come to the protest armed. Preferably with firearms. They announced to the public they were going to be armed. They were planning for, expecting and trying to agitate a violent encounter at the rally. Preferably a shoot out. They came looking like a lynch mob, not like a civil rights march.

Whatever violence ensured from their march was entirely on their heads.

You don’t get to claim you were marching peacefully when you bring guns to a rally. You want moral high ground, come unarmed and show some backbone.

2 Likes

Basic rule of thumb, anyone who claims a “false flag” operation is either full of crap or ignorant as hell. The sole exception is if you were the actual person who carried said operation.

Historically they are all pretty transparent and didn’t fool anyone:

• Reichstag fire
  • Marco Polo Bridge Incident
  • Gleiwitz incident which started the invasion of Poland
  • The Bay of Pigs invasion
3 Likes
  • The USS Maine
4 Likes

Close. But the USS Maine explosion was likely an accident caused by coal gas. Where the chicanery came in was capitalizing on it to sell war over Cuba.

You mean when they told the public it was mined at anchor?

Maybe you and I have a different definition of false flag? That strikes me as one, as does pinning 9/11 on Saddam Hussein - both of which fooled people quite sufficiently.

1 Like

5 Likes

A false flag is generally an intentional attack made to look like someone else did it. Like wearing uniforms for the other side or

“That strikes me as one, as does pinning 9/11 on Saddam Hussein - both of which fooled people quite sufficiently.”

Which wasn’t what happened or how the public at the time perceived it. 9/11 was always pinned on Osama Bin Laden.

Saddam Hussein was accused of supporting terrorism (which he did, but mostly locally) and building WMD despite various sanctions (which he pretended to do, not expecting to be invaded)

People claimed 9/11 was a false flag created by the Bush government. But by now most of those nutjobs have melted away into obscurity in light of overwhelming physical evidence to the contrary and overwhelmingly obvious incompetence of the president allegedly planning it.

2 Likes

That’s more like it!

1 Like

What kind of cognitive dissonence is required for this?

1 Like