Republicans demand Democrats clean up their mess but offer nothing in return

Aren’t democrats supposed to be soft on crime? How could they not reach across the aisle to love us?

5 Likes

Only rethuglicants shut down our government.

Only rethuglicants generate massive debt.

8 Likes

:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

…and rethugs no longer have any actual policy at all, other than burning the planet, mass/ive corruption, voter suppression, wiping out the LGBT+, decimating the public school system, gerrymandering TF outta their states, racism, and destroying women’s/human rights.

14 Likes

… also tax cuts for the rich of course

14 Likes

As Momma used to say…

15 Likes

Me, watching the ReThugliKKKlanners in Congress. Best horror show on the planet.

huge popcorn bag

5 Likes

Standing up for a principle bigger than himself, George probably not his real name Santos has threatened to resign if Republicans and Democrats work together to elect a speaker. Though it’s probably he knows any Speaker who isn’t a right-wing power monger will vote to expel him, and he loses his bargaining chip of offering to resign in exchange for some concession.George Santos threatens to quit Congress if GOP works with Dems on speaker deal: reports - Raw Story

8 Likes

Goodbye GIF

15 Likes

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning!
I can picture him stumping, “sure, I lied about all my credentials, yes, I’ll happily take money from foreign nationals, but cross-party compromise is where I draw the line! I will not abide!”

GIF by Ghostbusters

15 Likes

Don’t threaten me with a good time!

12 Likes

How about not starting with a compromise? Dems are always so eager to please that they lessen their positions before even starting. It’s nice to see them holding strong this time.

2 Likes

It’s very unlikely that any Democrat is going to be Speaker before the next election

“Holding strong” is not going to make it happen

3 Likes

And if/when, any failures from that point forward will simply be Biden’s failures. Of course.

13 Likes

That’s how adults run their countries.

6 Likes

The only options on the table right now are Scalise and Jordan, and it’s hard to argue that Democrats should fall on their swords to vote for either one “for the good of the country.” We need a functioning House so we can keep the government from shutting down, and to continue helping Ukraine. Neither is likely to happen under Scalise or Jordan. But if the House is operating again, they investigate Hunter Biden and impeach President Biden and engage in other forms of performative stupidity we haven’t even contemplated yet. As far as the Democrats and the country are concerned, we might be better off with a paralyzed House.

4 Likes

I always think of “The Incredibles” villain, Syndrome when I see Gaetz.
the incredibles syndrome GIF

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.