“Responsible Gun Ownership”

3 Likes

Damn…

7 Likes

Oh goody

Angry Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

2 Likes

ETA, from the article:

When analyzing the rates at which those gun violence deaths increased between 2015 and 2021, Wade learned that hundreds of cities have experienced rates of increase of over 100%, a figure she considers “alarming.” Some cities have had increases as high as or higher than 500% within that six-year window, including Dothan, Alabama (population 71,072 — a 500% increase), Grand Junction, Colorado (65,560 — 600%), Commerce City, Colorado (62,418 — 600%), Muncie, Indiana (65,194 — 550%), Starkville, Mississippi (24,360 — 500%), Santa Fe, New Mexico (84,612 — 1200%), Burlington, North Carolina (57,303 — 500%), Lorraine, Ohio (65,211 — 1000%), Greenwood, South Carolina (23,407 — 800%) and Kenosha, Wisconsin (99,986 — 700%).

13 Likes

4 Likes
4 Likes

I hope she turned on her partner, Hulk Smash.

7 Likes

For god’s sake, quit shooting at anything that moves.

The Harris County Sheriff’s Office said Mefford was sleeping when a stray bullet went through her bedroom wall around 2:30 Wednesday morning.

A neighbor allegedly fired up to 15 times at suspected car burglars in the parking lot of their apartment complex but ended up killing the beloved mother and partner.

2 Likes

Oh look, Texas again.

eta the story below because the sytem won’t let me post more than 2 posts in a row. Too many responsible gun owner stories this week.

Texas again.

Off camera, the boys’ father told KPRC 2 News he never thought he’d be in this situation with his children because he is a gun owner and said he knows how to safely store it. He wasn’t home when it happened, but said the boys were with their mother and her family members when they got ahold of a pistol.

The father said he believes curiosity got the best of his son and doesn’t believe it would have happened if he was home.

3 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes

So called “plinking” kills or injures about a dozen Americans every year. It pales in comparison to the tens of thousands of other firearms deaths and injuries in the US, but there’s something about the randomness; the sudden and unexpected tragedy of it, that is heartbreaking. One moment you’re hiking or camping; the next you are struck down by a random stranger who often doesn’t even know their “fun” was fatal or life-changing.

10 Likes

There are lots of backyard plinkers hereabouts. Most understand the basics, backstop or into the ground, but there are always those who just cannot comprehend how far a rifle bullet can travel. It can be scary at times.

11 Likes
4 Likes

… surely law-abiding bullets respect property lines

4 Likes
5 Likes

“ Landry, of Franklin, N.H., admitted to calling the senator’s “office because he was angry about what he saw on the news” about the military promotions, an FBI special agent said in the charging documents.

“Hey stupid I’m a veteran sniper. And unless you change your ways, I got my scope pointed in your direction and I’m coming to get you. You’re a dead man walking you piece of f------ s—," Landry said in a May 17 voicemail he left with the senator’s office, according to the charging documents.

About 200 defense-related promotions have been stalled in the Senate over Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s opposition to a Pentagon policy that provides paid time off and travel expenses for service members and dependents seeking abortions.

A spokesperson for Tuberville, R-Ala., declined to comment Friday night.”

Hey - how do you like those 2nd Amendment solutions now, Senator?

5 Likes