Rich people in Bristol install anti-bird spikes in trees to keep shit off their cars, rendering trees "literally uninhabitable" by local wildlife

The house I had in Clifton had no garage and no allocated parking at all.

2 Likes

I detect dangerous hints of moderation in your comments. Just wait till 'next year when the “guillotine watch” tags is applied to the kulaks who attach these to their bicycles:

https://www.bikeengines.com/

1 Like

Dang. Imagine how pissed these rich people are gonna be when they find out birds can fly and shit at the same time!

12 Likes

It’s a good thing dogs don’t fly, can you imagine the mess? Regarding this story,I don’t think it’s a big deal. A few limbs over the driveway being off-limits to birds won’t have much of an impact on our feathered friends. I’d guess that 99.9% of the rest of the tress in their vicinity are wide open for habitation.

4 Likes

My wife’s tires cost $500 each.

1 Like

I expect to see those things near homeless shelters soon enough…

1 Like

Ya’ have to get poor people to put it on and wash it though.
Is there a large enough supply of them?

1 Like

This really feels like an April Fool’s Day article.

3 Likes

Mmm, no not a car cover, a covered car port. Something like this, though there are many designs.

3 Likes

Wow, does she drive a race car or are they gold plated? Or maybe a giant truck?

3 Likes

It’s a '08 3 series, and they’re ride-flats.
It’s not that hard to get 'um way up there in price.
I think that the conventional tires on M3’s cost more.

Fortunately they offer wheel and tire coverage for a reasonable amount.
Ride-flats transfer a lot of impact to the wheels(is my theory), which aren’t cheap either.

2 Likes

Like this?

9 Likes

Bird shit has always won in the end.

7 Likes

Yeah, we have one for one car but it ends up being in the trunk more than being used, and who wants to roll up with your bare hands and put in the trunk something covered in shit? Also got stolen once and vandalized once, and it was way more than $30. Bonus of sun protection. But it ends up being one of those sounds-better-in-theory. Would be happy to do a car port thingy but don’t have off street parking. Eh, the birds win this round but I’ll be back!

/shakes fist at sky

2 Likes

OK. I just have not quite the cheapest US sedans to compare the price to. $500 should get me all or about all 4 tires.

2 Likes

We know a song about that!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY

5 Likes

Wow, thats a lot more expensive than I’d guessed. The electric models are pretty similarly priced, and lack that annoying chainsaw sound.

2 Likes

I have an '02 M3 with 19" wheels, and even the Michelin pilot sports are only about $225/each. Probably under $300 with installation, recycling fee, and road hazard insurance. I have the Hankook tires that are only like $170 each. I know they do get higher, especially bigger truck tires with huge rims, but paying $500 for a regular 3 series seems pretty high.

Do you know how expensive it is to keep a falcon?

First they decide they want to travel.

So you buy a Bentley, because APPARENTLY, no other car will do:

Then, they discover the high life, and start asking to go on trips with their friends

10 Likes

Well, granted that the Arabs know how to do it in style, but the English Royalty and upper ups have been practicing falconry for a long time. I bet you could get some sort of grant and have them dress up as a sort of living history program. Hell, if it catches on it could be a tourist attraction like the Beefeaters and the Ravens.

3 Likes