Robert James Ritchie (aka Kid Rock) cancels performances at venues requiring masks

People just don’t want to work any more, I guess.

17 Likes

It’s Imperial Teen.

10 Likes

10 Likes

True, but calling him Grandpa Rock sounds more like a music genre than a stage name…

10 Likes

A real Man of the People (…who work for him).

[yoinked from Succession]

12 Likes

Music charts mean absolutely nothing these days. There is so much potential cash laying around out there you get blips like this from artists who have been utterly irrelevant for decades (if ever) while the music that’s actually making a cultural impact is ignored.

See also: The Grammys.

12 Likes

Yeah, Grandpa Rock doesn’t work. Most people LIKE Grandpas.

8 Likes

Which just lends more weight to the quote I saw earlier this week:

Kid Rock is the less talented version of Ted Nugent. And that’s after accounting for the fact that Ted Nugent is the less talented version of Ted Nugent

24 Likes

10 Likes

More like a “Past his Sell By Date”.

8 Likes

Kid Gramps.

12 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

17 Likes

It’s part of his XTreme Contagion grand tour.

5 Likes

Hey, thanks for the heads-up. That track stomps.

How about, “Creepy Right Wing Arsehole Uncle Rock” or “Rich-kid Rock”?

11 Likes

It’s a classic!

6 Likes

Kid Rocking Chair

13 Likes

Kid Fossil?
Kid (Sedimentary) Rock?

7 Likes

He appears to be mostly playing smaller venues, and the few I clicked on all said they had COVID policies in place. I predict the following:

• “Kid” Bob Richie the Rocker will cancel some of these citing that he is “sticking it to the man” instead of “super low ticket sales”, because I just looked and they’re pretty much wide open right now. I mean, Weird Al is touring right now and every one of his shows is 75% sold.

• He’ll do some of these anyway, doing some stupid defiant stance about halfway through the show, demanding people demask and such, after they’ve already paid and he’s gone on stage so they won’t immediately boot him off. It’ll cost him a bit (not much, because it’s still very open) but he will be able to be the darling for a bit, which is all he really wants. Gotta get those eyeballs somehow.

9 Likes

The song shot up to number one on iTunes the day after its release.

That’s because a bunch of people thought they were playing this instead

6 Likes

tenor

I’m reminded of my former friend, now a vaxxhole, who insisted on boycotting all venues w/covid rules.

11 Likes