Ron De Chump

He probably doesn’t care if it gets overturned. As long as it hurts the “right people”.

7 Likes

I would argue that last point. They’re both so immature it’s hard to determine who is worse.

7 Likes

The Florida Keys…our very own New Zealand*!

*Has a tendency to be left off of world maps, for no apparent reason.

8 Likes

Just like Themyscira!

10 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/10/economy/florida-inflation-hotspot-regional/index.html

The Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach area has the highest inflation rate of metro areas with more than 2.5 million residents, with a 9% inflation rate for the 12 months ended in April.

That’s more than double the national average of 4%, according to data from the Consumer Price Index. The Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater metro had the third-highest inflation rate in the country, at 7.3% for the year ended in May.

7 Likes

I thought the GOP was good at fiscal! Did they lie about that, that tax breaks will fix the economy?

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

7 Likes
7 Likes

In recent weeks, plaintiffs who are suing to invalidate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s “Stop Woke Act” have been confronting its defenders with a seemingly loaded question: Would the law, which restricts school discussion of race, prohibit a public university professor from endorsing affirmative action in a classroom setting?

Surprisingly, lawyers defending the DeSantis administration just answered this question with a qualified “yes.” Which exposes a core truth about his anti-woke directives: They really do constitute efforts at state censorship, not just of concepts he likes to call “woke indoctrination” but also of viewpoints that are contested yet remain squarely within mainstream academic discourse.

10 Likes

Trump
DeSantis

Who’s next?

8 Likes

Had a serious shudder thought.

Are the Murdoch kids natural born citizens?

6 Likes

Lachlan Murdoch (the most Rupert-like one) was born in England and his parents were not U.S. citizens at the time

I think

6 Likes
12 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

8 Likes

FTA:
“Global warming is partly to blame, but so is Ron DeSantis. Instead of banning books and picking fights with Disney and drag queens, he should be tackling the issues that really matter to Floridians.”

4 Likes
5 Likes

DeSantis is probably disappointed to discover that he can’t throw civilians in the stockade for desertion.

“Not even a little waterboarding? Damn!”

6 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

mood screaming GIF

9 Likes

(NY Times reprint)

I guess folks can read this without having to deal with a paywall

7 Likes