Ron De Chump

6 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes

Turning the state universities into bible colleges has consequences. Good luck with that buddy.

10 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

running on contempt.

So, a Republican?

8 Likes
8 Likes

A get-away weekend run by the Atlanta-based aParent Miracles Foundation for this November is headed to Texas instead.

The group changed its mind after the NAACP issued a travel advisory for Florida “in direct response to Governor Ron DeSantis’ attempts to erase Black history, and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools,” the organizer wrote Ritter’s office.

And Abbot is any better?

5 Likes

Run. Run away!

eta:

But who will protest the asshole if the conventions go away?

Last week in Orlando National Education Association (NEA) conference attendees made an effort:

The NEA will support two official protests during the convention. On July 1, delegates are encouraged to “protest the extremist agenda” of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis and state legislators by attending a teach-in and a march, hosted by Florida for All, a statewide coalition of liberal organizations. The protest will focus on “the attacks on public education and affordable housing,” according to the NEA’s agenda.

And on July 5, the union will host a “Freedom to Learn” rally to protest book bans, the “Don’t Say Gay” legislation, and the state’s school voucher expansion. -edweek.org

:+1:

8 Likes

gee… who could have seen that coming?
i despair for my state, a truly lovely place, but we are fucked and getting fucked-er by the day. when MoRon washes out in his bid to be dictator of the entire country, he will slink back to Tallahassee where he will lash out in ways that may will make us all pay for his failures.

7 Likes

The Boss Hogg of I-10.

3 Likes

Abbot is an idiot with terrible policies but he isn’t stupid enough to start a war against one of the biggest economic sectors in his state.

3 Likes

Not so sure about that. He’s dead set against renewable energy, isn’t he?

4 Likes

Honestly? Yes, and it’s not because he’s any good at all, but because Florida has been pushing ahead with hateful legislation faster than anywhere.

6 Likes

It’s more fire into the frying pan, if you’re moving stuff anyway, why go to Texas??

6 Likes

Still kicking myself for having done it.

For me, it was when independent filmmaking was gaining ground, and my professor said there was a lot going on in Austin.

3 Likes

wow. that florida “every county” graphic seems to have just dismissed all of the Keys, which are all Monroe County.
just as well. i don’t want to be a part of their silly state, anyway!

Conch Republic Forever!

8 Likes
2 Likes

How the hell does this not violate Article IV?

13 Likes