Ron DeSantis event bans Black reporter and colleague from entering — but allows every other reporter in (video)

Originally published at: Ron DeSantis event bans Black reporter and colleague from entering — but allows every other reporter in (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

This is Desantis problem, he lives in a bubble. Never challenged, never growing. I guess it’s always sunny in Florida.

14 Likes

Not much different than trump’s traveling klan rallies.

20 Likes

Ty’s just being too polite to say why they don’t want him, but he knows.

26 Likes

Astounding! No sense in beating around the bush. " I’m sorry You can’t come in here wearing that skin. I hope desantis doesn’t try to to dress it up. it would be a shame to try dilute it in what it is. Clean, clear raw hatred nothing le less.

/s I don’t know why I should need to mark as sarcasm but I’ve learned assumptions are risky. I miss the myth of what america used to pretend to be. For a while I thought the old “fake it till you make it” .I thought one day we would make it. Delusions are fun until reality smacks you across your hopeful face…

10 Likes

I always wonder what these rent-a-douche military wannabees carry in their twenty pocket vest. Do they just puff them out with cotton balls so they look full?

13 Likes

This kind of thing plays well with his base, though.

6 Likes

I’ve always assumed that, like John Popper, they just stuff them with harmonicas.

13 Likes

I would love to know if they admitted any Black journalists at all, or if this guy was the only one.

6 Likes

I’d put money on him letting a racial slur slip on a live mic eventually. However…

Exactly. I almost hope it doesn’t happen because it might turn him into a viable presidential candidate in their eyes.

5 Likes

“We’ve got a great ice cream place with all sorts of flavors like vanilla, vanilla, and vanilla. Oh, and also vanilla. Did I mention vanilla?”

6 Likes

Take note of the burly Black security dude, though. Great way to sellout, man. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

I suppose it is naive to hope that other journalists would show some solidarity and boycott these events.

10 Likes

It’s sad that in 2023 black Americans are still facing segregation by GOP politicians. This is where Senator Tim Scott needs to get up in front of a microphone and denounce this action by DeSantis…but he won’t,

9 Likes

Good luck with that. He’s on the gQp bus and isn’t getting off.

He’s one them. They can’t win without hate.

4 Likes

Cough, cough (snowflake), cough!

4 Likes

Desantis has all of T****’s fascism and none of his charisma. He doesn’t have a base; he has a group of people standing around who aren’t sure how they got there but without a particular reason to leave.

8 Likes

Maybe those pop out snakes from cans of peanut brittle?

5 Likes

The reporters allowed in to the next presser will def ask about this, right? Right?!

11 Likes

When it’s not just their vest that’s load-bearing I tend to assume ‘snacks’.

3 Likes