Ron DeSantis poses as Christian but scrambled to find Amazon bible for photo op

Being a right wing Christian means actively rejecting most of what it actually says in the Bible.

7 Likes

From a somewhat opinionated guide to catholic bibles

Helpful hint: If it doesn’t contain a book called “Tobit”, it’s not a Catholic Bible.

https://maybetoday.org/scripture/bible-in-english/catholic-bibles-a-guide-to-current-catholic-translations/

Amazon does sell " The King James Bible for Catholics", but it’s a two volume set and it was published 19th September 2020,

postdating the inauguration.

2 Likes

He could have just made an old fashioned grade school book cover out of an old brown paper grocery bag, scrawled “Bible” on it in crayon & put in over his signed copy of JK Rowling’s Cormoran Strike book.

6 Likes

If I ever ever have to take an oath like that, I’m going to wrap my iPad like that and pull up a pdf of the D&D Monster Manual.

7 Likes

My personal favorite Oath of Office:

ETA, for those who don’t click through to read the whole thing:

Ellison went on to use the English translation of a Qur’an owned by Thomas Jefferson, George Sale’s Alcoran of Mohammed, for the swearing-in ceremony.

Hard to get more ‘American’ than that.

7 Likes

My favorite:

9 Likes

Unscathed, but sticky, and smelling slightly of pudding and desperation.

4 Likes

I’m sitting here surrounded by hundreds of books, not sure which of them I would choose for a swearing-in ceremony. So many of them are applicable: Practical Cryptography, Design Patterns, The Anarchist’s Cookbook, or maybe The Lord of the Rings boxed set.

Probably the best choice would be Peanuts Treasury. I learned more ethics lessons from the Peanuts cartoons of my youth than any religious texts, and I hold them in much higher esteem.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.