Ron DeSantis pretends he's a dogfighting military pilot in the most cringeworthy ad (video)

The good news is that DeSantis has fewer cultists who are literally willing to die for him in a violent coup should he ever ask it of them.

11 Likes

If you want a privileged, YaleOxford frat boy who dresses up in a fighter pilot costume and pretends to be a “top guv” in a cringeworthy

None of these self-obsessed fuckwits can resist it.

9 Likes

I guess one positive thing you could say about the British royals (compared to regular British upper-class twits) is that many of them actually served in the armed forces. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Yes, indeed. And some really can pilot stuff, though mostly helicopters, not jet fighters.

(But that video was Boris Johnson, our erstwhile elected Prime Minister. Not really even a proper upper class twit.)

7 Likes

Truth bombs galore. I just hope whoever wins this Dem primary pulls zero punches non-stop.

6 Likes

DeSantis has to be careful here. And let’s hope Trump keeps flailing about like the idiot he is, and drags DeSantis down with him.

DeSantis really really turns off the independent voters I’ve talked to. They view him with a mixture of disgust and alarm.

Just a few more pushes from me and I’ll have them “converted” to Team Donkey :wink:

8 Likes

Vote Early Election 2020 GIF by INTO ACTION

7 Likes

I don’t believe Ron’s ad will “work” for military servicepeople, past and present.

Well. That didn’t take long.

5 Likes

I hope you get it.

DeSantis is a remnant of the Tea Party. He is a rightist with attitudes that alienate moderate voters.

Any well-informed independent voter will be disgusted.

3 Likes

So far… I don’t see why he won’t be the next main demagogue.

1 Like

I’m not sure Trump’s particular brand of celebrity fascist idol worship is entirely fungible. Ain’t nobody out there building golden idols of DeSantis.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/26/politics/trump-gold-statue-cpac-2021/index.html

4 Likes

Let’s hope a copyright infringement suit is in the works.
I don’t know if a parody defense would work in this case.

Meanwhile, Czar Abbott’s ads here in Texas avoid all mention of his record & The Issues. Instead, they focus on his travails after being squished by a tree.
The question of whether he was always a fascist jackass remains unanswered.

The same way millions of Americans fell for You Know Who, would be my guess.

6 Likes

Tougher punishments for stolen valor, veteran scams among new Florida laws

https://www.wjhg.com/2020/10/02/tougher-punishments-for-stolen-valor-veteran-scams-among-new-florida-laws/?outputType=amp

6 Likes

sweet, sweet irony or just another example of repuglican hypocrisy?
TBD

4 Likes

He was a navy man

5 Likes

Mr J: uh….he thinks he’s a bad ass or something? Wtf? LOOOOOOLLLL

1 Like

That’s because he is an asshole.

I “watched” Top Gun: Maverick while working a couple of days ago, and I kinda see what DeathSentence likes about this movie, familiar movies of the recent past. First act, the heroes journey…a la Karate Kid…wax on, wax off. Second act, Star Wars: A New Hope…destroy the Death Star. Third Act, Firefox…steal a plane and beat “the Soviets” in a dogfight on the way to safety.

Sometimes I think fascists have no imagination. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t know how you’d get to be more of an upper class twit.

He’s really not upper class, was my point. His family were just well-off enough to send him to Eton, but there is no ‘upper class blood’ there AFAIK.

(And, obviously, he’s way beyond being a simple twit, while we’re at it.)

1 Like