Roundup of the dumbest Halloween costumes of 2016

A woman friend and I switched out one Halloween. She was the gangster, and I was the moll.
I loved wearing the hose. Most comfortable costume ever.
If I had somewhere to go, and someone to go with, I’d wear any one of these bad costumes - save for the racist ones. Don’t need that kind of trouble.

6 Likes

I never could get used to hose. Itchy itchy itchy. Hairy legs and such. (shudder)

5 Likes

The guy who built this for his kids rules!

Both of his sons are in wheelchairs, so he decided to build some kickass costumes around them.

22 Likes

11 Likes

But these are mostly just sex-suits, right? I mean, I’m sure people will wear these outside the bedroom but…yeah. That’s pretty much where they’re for, I think.

1 Like

I have special treats awaiting the brave and gallant trick-or-treater who arrives at my door dressed as Sexy Canadian Prime Minister…

10 Likes

Well, that is a Winnepeg in my pocket and I am happy to see you!

9 Likes

Sexy Banana-slug costume.

5 Likes

“Hey Justin! Did you bring a tarp for the Peace Tower?”

3 Likes

Sexy “Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer’s Apprentice”…???

O.k. That’s it. I’m done.

Why not “sexy cabbage patch doll” or “Sexy garbage can” or “sexy zika mosquito”?

5 Likes

Sexy Bobbit-worm costume:

8 Likes

My son is home from university for the week, and he is compiling his costume. Our home and shop are great places to find historic clothing and accessories. He decided on 7th century AD viking berserker. He is taking a practice sword, instead of a real one, but his shield, belts and jewelry are dead accurate. with just the right amount of ornament for the status of the individual he is portraying. His helmet is a repro, but dead accurate in every way and heavy. He has a cloak made from the skin of a wolf. Seen together, he is dead accurate. He also has the kyrtill, a tunic with a skirt. We spent a bunch of time when we made it in house a couple of years ago, period correct materials, dyes, patterns, and sewing techniques. It is perfect. But a little scratchy. He is not taking the kyrtill. I asked why, and he told me that the history and archaeology faculty at his school are so focused on social issues that they don’t even know enough about textiles or weapons to see a problem. But I tell him that He will know, which is more important.

6 Likes

How many of these are likely to be worn out of the house? They’re not even “costumes” at this point.

3 Likes

Much as I miss Charlie Jane, why did you link to last year’s post? Katharine has made an excellent selection for this year, including far too many sexy cartoon characters.

6 Likes

I want to talk about those weed fairies at the top…, but I don’t want what I say to be too blunt!

uuh-snap.

3 Likes

The “good old days”… Simple but effective.

8 Likes

Can confirm. (As cab driver who spends whole week prior to Halloween steeling himself for it and whole week after taking long lukewarm vacant-eyed self-snuggling showers).

4 Likes

Ah yes, the days when a simple costume merely required the skins of the damned and a wanton disregard for the slumber of those who should not be woken.

8 Likes

3 Likes

I wonder if the last ones were licensed by Disney?