Rudy tests positive

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/06/rudy-tests-positive.html

15 Likes

Ahahahahahaha!

18 Likes

Good thing everyone Rudy’s been in close physical contact with lately is rational and responsible enough to self-isolate.

71 Likes

In before he says that the test was negative but Dems hacked the voting machines.

47 Likes

The only lamentable aspect of this is only such a rich elite will receive the monoclonal antibody treatment to save their irresponsible non-mask wearing hides. (and how is it that the Ohio trump voter does not hate them for being yet another rich ‘urban elite’?)

26 Likes

Kate McKinnon is a national treasure.

Poe’s Law in action.

35 Likes

So does this put a kibosh on any remaining court cases?

6 Likes

If anything taking Giuliani out of the game can only help the Trump team’s chances in court.

65 Likes

True. Hadn’t thought of that.

It’s fitting in a way that the whole Trump thing started as a clown-car of candidates in the 2016 primary and ends with a clown-car of court cases.

18 Likes

“… but must now go into isolation while he recovers or dies.”

Must? Or keep getting about being a super spreader.

12 Likes

I’m sure he’ll be as good as new after a good day’s sleep.

giuliani

64 Likes

Now there’s at least one more person Googling “Can farts spread Covid?”

Screen+Shot+2020-12-03+at+4.59.03+AM

75 Likes

I’m not laughing.
Honest!
No, really!
I wouldn’t laugh at something as serious as this!
For real!

17 Likes

Just my opinion, but I don’t think that the Trump team ever expected to win anything in court. This has all been an exercise to crank up the donations to fatten Trump’s coffers. Ironically, spending a couple million on legal fees has gotten them at least $200M in donations for the Trump grifters, and kept the base of cult members ginned up to give more.

And so it goes…

56 Likes

Likely not, but without Rudy maybe they’ll find a way to lose more slowly.

26 Likes

Wishing him a short stay in hospital.

39 Likes

Well, make no mistake, the goal was to keep this tied up in court and then complain that the election “cannot be settled by the dates perscribed”, and thus use the state legislatures to select electors since the elections were not certified / got uncertified.

Their goal is absolutely to win these cases or at least keep them stalled long enough. Had Michigan not certified, I know for a fact that the members of the michigan state house who went down to washington dc were going to “take over selecting electors for Michigan.” That’s the plan with Georgia and Arizona too.

9 Likes

If we assume the court cases are performative (i.e. to give the base a reason to donate money rather than to have a hope of winning), then the loss of Giuliani could hurt.

There aren’t that many lawyers willing to risk sacrificing their career and quite possibly their freedom to lie before the courts, something Giuliani has shown he is willing to do. Instead, you get these lawyers making incredibly trivial charges with no grand claims, which sound ridiculous compared to the rhetoric that proceeded it.

Giuliani is (1) too big to charge and (2) has a plausible defense of being too far gone to realize that he was lying. The small-fry lawyers? Far less so, especially when the judges show every sign of becoming really, really tired of being an involuntary actor in the Trump grift.

And will add, while it is a grift, I’m not convinced that Trump hasn’t bought into it as well. He seems delight in the taste of his own Kool Aid. After all, he’s hearing it from the only man he trusts. (And yes, I shudder to think about how effective he would be if he didn’t keep falling for his own stupidities.)

9 Likes

schadenfreude FTW!!

4 Likes

Oh man the Dems are hacking the Covid tests now too to give positive results, when clearly this is impossible with such an upstanding, careful, sensible human being as Rudy Giuliani!

15 Likes