Rumor: Bushes voted for Clinton (Update: NYT reporter says nope)

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/08/rumor-bushes-voted-for-clinto.html

2 Likes

What about Billy?

11 Likes

I really, really wish I could be a fly on the wall next time Jeb and Billy are at a family reunion.

8 Likes

That “mouth-as-eyes” shop is creepier than usual

5 Likes

9 Likes

Rush Limbaugh said "I’m told…

Well then how could this not be true?

14 Likes

shudders
Very creepy.

1 Like

I care about what Lush has to say as much as I care about what Caribou Barbie has to say.

9 Likes

It’s amazing to me that a NYC real estate billionaire is somehow billed as an “outsider” to the powerful elite.

18 Likes

“I’m told that George W. Bush… voted for Hillary Clintom…”

That idiot? Not surprising :wink:

7 Likes

Like how George W Bush was considered an outsider … somehow.

6 Likes

Who’s laughing at the whole superdelegate safety net now?!?!?!?! Had Trump run as a democrat (and he could have) he wouldn’t have run away with the nomination thanks to those good 'ol SDs.

2 Likes

You think that’s they only thing that would have stopped him winning the Dem nomination?

8 Likes

I’m a bit disappointed one of the elder Bush’s didn’t publicly endorse Clinton, I thought they might actually go that far if the race looked like a toss up (they’re probably worried about retaliation on the next generation of Bushes).

Dubya was incompetent as hell and a terrible President, but he did seem like a fairly decent human being and Jeb may have been the only primary candidate who defended Obama’s right to make a SC appointment.

For all the terrible things Republicans have been doing the Bushes haven’t really been a part of it.

5 Likes

No no … sorry didn’t mean to imply that.

3 Likes

It’s a dog whistle term. Allow me to elucidate:

“Outsider” = Can be rude to anyone.
“Politically Correct” = not letting me say anything I want without repercussion
“Make America Great Again” = back to segregation and whites only schools (note that it doesn’t mean go back to mostly union employment - which is what actually made America ‘great’)
“Jobs going to Mexico” = fear brown people
“Ban Muslims” = … exactly that oddly.
“Media Corruption” = they fact check and it isn’t fair
“Best” = Mediocre
“Amazing” = so/so
“Tremendous” = average
“I’ve heard” = I feel this is how reality should be so …
“People are saying” = Don’t blame me for my next thought
“I didn’t want to say this” = I’ve been dying for the opportunity to say this
“We are leading the polls” = When polling people at our rally after handing out money

Use this as a crib sheet and you can make sense of this election.

25 Likes

“Its rigged” = Yeah I’m probably going to lose
“Legal Immigrants” = Europeans
“Believe me” = What I say so that you will believe me. I’ve heard it works.

13 Likes

It’s not amazing, it’s exactly how the power elite fuck the rest.

1 Like

5 Likes

I’ve always thought it meant, “Doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing.” (Aka, “Special interest lobbyists’ useful idiot”)

6 Likes