Rush Limbaugh complains about nonconsensual sex being called rape

Agreed, but not all gods represent the same morality or edicts. So this also flusters Limbaugh’s ideal of objective standards.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Why does someone who needs a fireproof toilet get so much attention?

Remember this old one-liner?
• “What’s the difference between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenburg?”

3 Likes

The rape police? You mean… the actual police? Because sex without consent is rape, which is a crime that the actual police investigate.

The world has gone completely mad.

“You steal one little thing, and these insane liberals go around calling the theft police!”

21 Likes

One’s a huge gasbag destined to go down in flames, and the other was a zeppelin?

13 Likes

…and the Russians would accuse you of a war crime. Bio-psychological warfare.

7 Likes

The idea that consent is “difficult” is pernicious nonsense. And Rush’s subsequent rant about “morality” just brings home how pernicious it is: he’d rather see a married man force himself on his wife than two men (or more than two people) engaged in consensual sex. He’s saying the truly moral approach to sex is limited to procreative coupling, free from the “liberal” distortion of morality that focuses more on whether your partner(s) is a willing participant than whether your union can produce offspring. He’s not even close to understanding the value of consent, he’s deriding it. Caveman bullshit.

15 Likes

Yes, but unfortunately he’s starting to get it in the same way that a life-long televangelist starts to get that there is no God.

2 Likes

Nothing that couldn’t be fixed with a little understanding, some patience, and a preemptive nuclear strike against the red states.

1 Like

You are right, there are degrees of consent (it has even been argued that all sex is rape because of this power imbalance, but lets not go there). The fact is, consent is sometimes a blurry line and might not even be agreed upon by all parties in a given situation. Luckily those situations are mostly rare (usually one party just doesn’t care).

The challenge of defining consent shows the problem with black and white thinking; ethics and morality are messy. We have general rules, but they might break down under certain circumstances.

4 Likes

If people wonder what the contention is in his statements, it lies in between the lines.

His implication is that certain kinds of sex, regardless of consent, are immoral (hence his mention of group sex, and one presumes he includes gay sex in the list as well). This is an inaccurate position when claiming the Left broadly supports this view of consent.

There are absolutely situations that regardless of consent leftists are against. Such as when some power imbalance makes consent irrelevant (I.e. underage or mentally handicapped).

4 Likes
12 Likes
3 Likes

Hey, it’s exactly that approach what worked for Brock Turner.

4 Likes

I am becoming more convinced every day that conservative brains are fundamentally unable to recognize the very idea of context:

That there is no reason why an English teacher should be able to use the word nigger in a discussion of Huckleberry Finn if they can’t also yell it at people on the street; that if you are allowed to hunt with an AR-15 then of course you should feel free to bring it grocery shopping; that there is no functional difference between saying “I love me some pussy” and “I’m going to go grab that bitches pussy”.

17 Likes

That’s a fantastic summation. I wish I could give you more hearts.

1 Like

The whole article could be summed up in the usual way: “Wrong Rush Limbaugh Is Wrong About Being Wrong. (Even If He’s Briefly Right About Why His Opponents Are Right.)”

Y’know, as a thought experiment that I just couldn’t resist, I started imagining a future in which genetically modified dogs, horses, and even chickens were bred to be as intelligent and intelligible as humans. And in this world there was hatched an enhanced chicken (one might call it a “Super” Chicken, heh heh), that enjoyed a healthy, happy chickhood, then spent its pullet years months getting educated, and then realized during its final term at Poultry University that it had always felt a strong attraction to humans. And one fine spring day, while visiting Ma Hen and Pa Rooster back on the Monsanto GMO Farm, a handsome young ranch hand caught its eye. A gaze was transfixed. A moment was shared. Eventually, a conversation was broached, during which our hero learned that the ranch hand was surprisingly fluent in chickenese, which Ma and Pa still spoke at home in the coop during private moments. Mutual interest seemed apparent, and so, haltingly at first, shyly, gently but clearly, consent was sought… and granted. And then…

Oh, and then…

Well, I’ll draw the curtain over that sun-kissed moment which shall live evermore in the memories of the participants. Privacy ain’t dead on the farm, oh no, not completely.

But that consenting moment?

Yeah. I’m okay with it.

14 Likes

And if many years later you talk about the tea you shared be kind.

7 Likes

It’s always weird seeing furry discussions pop up outside the furry community…

9 Likes

“Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the CONSENT of the governed”

Stupid liberals with their magic words

11 Likes