Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

I cannot find the tweet hence I cannot attribute the quote properly but, the best I saw today was, “Let us not celebrate his death but rather let us mourn his life”

Edit the quote is from Rachel McCartney

19 Likes

To be fair, I do feel some sympathy here.
Just not for Rush.

Poor old Satan, having to put up with that hateful asshole.

22 Likes

“Oh come now, surely just because he was a controversial figure doesn’t mean it’s OK to mock a man who just died an excruciating death from a terrible disea—”

“…carry on, then.”

28 Likes

Oh, I’m sure he’s having fun listening to Rush sob and plead.

14 Likes

Only the flesh is dead; his spirit remains.

18 Likes

I had to check. It’s like a goddamn wake on Fox news. Scrolling pics and cheerful reminisces on how he changed each one of their lives. Bleh.

16 Likes

I hadn’t realized that he was more than just metaphorically malignant.

7 Likes

May he follow in his idol’s most recent footsteps.

15 Likes

Fuck canc-… Actually cancer, you get a pass this time.

But I think it’s only fair we celebrate him the way he loudly celebrated, on air, the deaths of gay people from AIDS. By having a giant party. And then pissing on his grave.

17 Likes

I ask myself what changes by having him gone? There’s no doubt going to be some hateful demagogue who’ll end up in that that hate filled niche.

Does that mean I won’t get in trouble for urinating on it?

8 Likes

I was thinking 500lbs. of Thermite. Or some multiple thereof.

3 Likes

And the beat goes on…

Oh, fireworks!

Hell is exothermic, and today even more so.

5 Likes

Nah, something that will burn through a mausoleum and 10 feet of dirt and the body underneath and reduce the lot to ash and slag.

2 Likes

And yet here I stand, with a gallon of Gatorade and a hankering to find his grave…

7 Likes

I laughed like a dying hyena at this.

20 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. I have a feeling beelzebub has been looking forward to getting his talons on Rush for a while now…

I rejoiced today, and have read many apropos quotes here. It was morbid curiosity that made me scan his NYT obit to see if he had performed any positive actions during his accursed life. For the record, he did: “Mr. Limbaugh raised millions for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society with annual telethons and led fund-raising drives for the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation, which provides scholarships for children of Marines and law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.” Insofar as he made $85M/year the “raised millions” is not especially impressive. Rest In Piss.

7 Likes