Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

19 Likes

Great! Hell will get air conditioning before I arrive.

Not gonna lie, a small smile crossed my lips when I saw the news. Then I was sad that I did that. But then I figure a certain number of people have to die each day, hopefully he took some good person’s spot.

6 Likes

Doubtful Twain wrote or said that. He most likely would have employed the conjunction ‘although’ instead of ‘but’ after a comma.

More on this:

I’m continually shocked that Alex Jones is only in his 40s. Dude looks way older. All that hate must cause premature aging.

19 Likes

I’m sure you’ll agree that his regrets mean nothing. A decent person doesn’t do that in the first place.

16 Likes

awesome star trek GIF

17 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Like I said, fireworks!

1 Like

It’s no longer fashionable, even among Republican shitheads, to demonize middle-class white gay men or casual drug users, but he didn’t stop vilifying them because he had a change of heart, he stopped doing it as often because his party reorganized its scapegoat list and he himself got caught out as a member of the latter category

He was just as hateful as ever, or even worse, toward women and immigrants and Muslims, I’d imagine, not that I ever listened to his show for more than a few seconds at a time

11 Likes

This was exactly my reaction to seeing Alex Jones for the first time. I couldn’t believe he was being serious and not trying to do some kind of pro wrestler imitation.

7 Likes

On Rush Limbaugh, I discovered a Leonard Cohen quote that said it best: “Rush Limbaugh, the creepy cretin for the right… he’s a piece of dirt on the street that should be stepped on like a piece of dog shit.”

Unfortunately, after doing my overdue diligence, I must admit that, it’s just a Leonard Cohen that said it, not the Leonard Cohen. The sentiment, however, still stands.

6 Likes
21 Likes

Rush who?

4 Likes

try 40 years.

2 Likes

Some people make the world better by leaving it.

9 Likes

From the NYT quoted there - “It’s the single most regretful thing I’ve ever done,” he says, “because it ended up making fun of people who were dying long, painful and excruciating deaths, "

Ended up? It fucking started that way you, thankfully dead, piece of evil smelling shit.

That awful dead man of course, not you. Ended up. Imagine printing that shit without prefacing it something like “Sometimes his evil even overstepped the mark for his adoring fans and advertisers and he sought to weasel out of responsibility for his hateful acts by claiming the actual substance of what he said was an unintended consequence of… well we don’t know what,”

17 Likes

30 Likes

16 Likes

Not being lucky enough to live in the US, would one of you do the honours if I posted over a tightly sealed bottle of piss?
Thanks in advance…

6 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict “cranky”.