Say hello to the world's first smart salt lamp

I’d buy it if it was pyramid shaped, but in its current form I just don’t see how it’s going to keep my razor blades sharp. No sale.

6 Likes

From one meta study: Air ions and respiratory function outcomes: a comprehensive review - PMC

Conclusion … Exposure to negative or positive air ions does not appear to play an appreciable role in respiratory function.

Post a link to the study you are referencing. I’d like to see it.

3 Likes

They may want to downplay the Detroit angle though. Not the most woo-y place these days.

Can’t be disappointed if you’re never appointed in the first place.

I never have an appointment, I’m a walk in.

2 Likes

That’s just a matter of the right advertising spin.

Get it placed on Dr. Oz and Oprah, and you’re in!

If I may quote the esteemed Gin And Tacos…

“I’ve been to two county fairs and a live Carrot Top show, and this is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.”

6 Likes

is this real

I’m tripping balls right now on cold medicine. I bought three of these lamps. This is no ordinary lamp.

4 Likes

Also, putting a light source into salt doesn’t ionize anything (luckily).

Maybe BoingBoing could turn back the times and sell some 1900ish Radium light sources? Those do emit ions.

4 Likes

Yeti poop.

1 Like

Have any BB staff commented to explain this yet?

Nope. The store operates with impunity.

2 Likes

you didn’t

2 Likes

And they almost certainly will not. Still, this will be a great link to reference in the comments every time one of the editors posts a righteously woo-bashing aritcle.

4 Likes

How can the world be better with all these negative ions floating around?

1 Like

The store has temporarily suspended your user account until the brain scan comes up clear.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying for years. Occasionally I get kicked off the site, and then a moderator will invite me back telling me that one of the writers is a jerk and then they will get fired for being an objective moderator and the site will be wiped of everything about them.

Honestly, what does it take to get on the list?

Sounds like a buildup of negative ions.

1 Like

Put your shoulder into it, you can achieve your dreams!

2 Likes