School secretary loses job after racist tirade captured on video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/17/school-secretary-loses-job-aft.html

7 Likes
13 Likes

“Someone who will use that sort of language in any setting, whether public or private, is not someone we want anywhere near our children,” the school district statement says. “The employee is separated from service, and we hope that her children will receive the support they need after witnessing such a traumatic event.”

I think the better hope is that the children’s upbringing doesn’t have too much of a negative influence, and they are able to break the generational cycle of bigotry.

40 Likes

Agreed. It bothers me the statement focuses on the “language” and the “event”. A nice tidy “we’ve done our duty here”, that ignores the underlying problem.

15 Likes

Ah, East Haven, home of the “boyz on the hood” cop tshirts.

Again, yet again, I ask how in a world where everybody has a camera in their pocket these assholes do not think about this behavior being publicized. She has introduced herself to the world. I only hope the world remembers her when she applies for her next job.

16 Likes

Holy Guacamole! Somebody needs a time out, a long one.

10 Likes

I have a step-daughter that is kind of like this.
If you say ANYTHING that she takes as a critique or a correction to her world-view, she decides that she now has gloves-off, full-on permission to tear you a new asshole for daring to question her uneducated and ignorant life choices.

11 Likes

@beschizza I hope you don’t mind me saying that I think the quote in your post is slightly incorrect—what I hear on the video is:

“Don’t you dare talk to me in front of my kids like that, motherfucker.”

I think there’s a difference, because IMO the way she said it speaks even more of self-absorption.

Plus, I’m kind of a stickler about quotes being correct—whether or not we feel respect for the person quoted, at least out of respect for truth and clear communication.

(If I’ve misheard the video, someone tell me please.)

12 Likes

Corrected. Thank you!

19 Likes

Guess we know who she voted for in 2016.

Why is she so angry? Isn’t 'murica great again? /s

23 Likes

Well, if presidents can do it…

11 Likes

The “AS SEEN ON TV” sign! Oh, the irony!

28 Likes

That was absolutely the first thing I noticed :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Wow, yet another one?

White entitlement must be one helluva drug…

15 Likes

Ah, Connecticut. Glad I left.

2 Likes

I’ve been pissed in front of my kids, and there have been a couple times I have dropped an f-bomb in front of them…I usually get the “language” from one of them which quickly snaps me back to reality.

I like (and yes pat my spouse and I on the back for this) that our children have grown to have the confidence to correct even their parents and help us be good adults as much as we are trying to help raise them to be good adults too.

This woman was clearly failed by hers, and is now failing her own kids.

Losing her job should be the least of her problems.

9 Likes

I, too, have ‘slipped’ into cursing in front of my kid, in rare moments of high stress or extreme anger.

I’m human, it happens.

That said, what I haven’t ever done is just start spouting a slew of hateful slurs at someone in public because something pissed me off.

Understatement.

15 Likes

Ugh. OK, another one to add to my pardons list,
– Donnie

4 Likes

Ohmygawd, it is. You should totally try it.