School secretary loses job after racist tirade captured on video

The part of CT near New Haven I find to be much more progressive and less MAGA country than other parts of CT seem to be. But there have been incidents, thanks to emboldened racists, bigots, et al.

To be fair the school she worked for is HUGE and therefore of course has its share of issues. I feel they do the best to instill good values, as does much of the community, but it is difficult to do when you have so many students and less and less state funding (and testing mandates) every year.

I think it is a bit unfair to say the school district “did their duty here” and nothing further.

So she’s a congress woman then?

Does it really matter?

6 Likes

Is there any trigger that would have justified that kind of response? I would answer no, there is not. Therefore, it does not matter at all.

9 Likes

If it had been a regular meltdown, with no racism, that’d be one thing… shit happens and sometimes we all fly off the handle when we probably shouldn’t… Sometimes the sneaky hate spiral just gets the better of us:

But there is not real justification for this kind of thing.

11 Likes

Well, there’s your problem, right there…

Nope.

8 Likes

This makes me wonder, what do you find more interesting where you live?

Life is what you make it, I’ve found. Though, yeah, life in a town with say 200 people in it could be pretty boring.

3 Likes

White supremacy.

15 Likes

The climate, the sunshine, the mountains, the beer scene. The crazy fucking people that have the courtesy to be crazy right up front. The northeast has its spots, mostly near cities, but the suburbs are flat nothingness, town after town after town, all full of the same townies that go to the mall for fun. No thanks.

2 Likes

3 Likes
4 Likes

Historical reminder: the abnormal thing about the current situation is not the political influence of White Supremacy. The abnormal thing is that it’s exerting power so openly that even wealthy White people are beginning to notice.

10 Likes

While I agree with the first sentence of that articles opening/description i have to believe alcohol was involed.
I have experience with both.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.