Scientists study Queen singer Freddie Mercury's voice

[Read the post]

1 Like

I do not think this is a proper subject of scientific inquiry.

1 Like

I was about to say “finally these ivory tower eggheads are using science for something worthwhile.” :wink:

13 Likes

It’s not just because I loathe Queen. It’s because it’s a goddam matter of opinion.

It was his amazingly awesomenessfully teeth that gave him his signature yodel like resonance.

It is a Scientific fact!

2 Likes

Don’t hold back, now; let it all out. Tell us how you really feel about it…

*lolz

5 Likes

PIPES. It’s all about pipes.

2 Likes

Anyway the wind blows… something something something…

6 Likes

FTA:

This study presents an acoustical analysis of his voice production and singing style

His awesomeness is still a matter of faith. :smile:

4 Likes

I like these improvisations he would do with the crowd.

8 Likes

It was cock.

1 Like

I know people (plural) who have worshipped Freddie Mercury. Literally. And perhaps wilder still, I’m not sure they were wrong to. :laughing: :sweat:

4 Likes

Freddie Mercury sang Bohemian Rhapsody? Huh, I always thought it was these guys.

4 Likes

We are no longer friends.

15 Likes

As wonderful of a singer as Mercury was, it was Roger Taylor that would sing all the crazy high notes.

2 Likes

Last month I was in an SUV full of international travelers on a tour and the driver played this song… when it got to the head banging part I started in and… nuthin’. We’re clearly not exporting our best stuff.

7 Likes

I trust you hid the bodies well.

10 Likes

I know right, she ain’t no human being.

2 Likes

Is it because of their amazing songwriting, their glamourous appearance, Freddie´s awe-inspiring moustache? Maybe it´s the sheer power to ROCK that´s bothering you?

11 Likes

30 years ago I was stuck on the M25 near London and when I looked in the glovebox for the Specials album I thought I’d stashed there all I could find was a Best of Queen cassette I couldn’t remember having bought. Not the last time, either.

5 Likes