Scooch, Mooch! Trump removes Scaramucci from communications director job

In the parts I’m from, we tend to call it “aging.”

1 Like

And here I had been calling him Scaramanga…

1 Like

Count the nipples?

/s

1 Like

Here’s to “Nurture” not “Nature”!!!

1 Like

32 Likes

If only Groucho was alive.

He did have time to sell Skybridge Capital.

Hope he just bought a house.

I’m 50 and I got turned away from a club this year because my driver’s license has expired.

It’s not even about age any more. It’s about America turning into a police state. Papers please!

Also, back when the license was still “good” I had a doorperson express disbelief at my birth date once. I guess I got annoyed and raised my voice in response, and she said something about how I should take it as a compliment instead. Yeah, except YOU’RE MAKING ME WAIT HERE AND ARGUE WITH YOU ABOUT IT WHEN MY PLAN WAS TO GO INSIDE. If you want to hit on somebody, challenging the validity of their identification is not the most effective way to go about it.

3 Likes

You have to feel bad for Saturday Night Live, first they lost Spicey and now this - No doubt a dozen “Mooch” skits just got round filed…

7 Likes

Yeah. That guy had easily a couple months worth of material left in him. Too soon, man, too soon.

2 Likes

My guess: The Mooch and Trump’s “no more T people in the armed forces” were both huge distractions by the White House. Mission Accomplished!

This isn’t necessarily an original theory of mine; probably read it on Twitter, which was blowing up over a guy’s testimony on Saturday. Something tagged #BrowderDay?? I can’t bear read about it… it’s too deep a rat hole to go down when the weather is so fine.

I’m completely amazed where we are at this point, just 6 months into Trump’s administration. It’s almost too bizarre to be real. Am I going to wake up from a really well-written dream? Could our (the collective & current “our”) situation be conjured up by the most talented of writers? I’m sure the writers of “House of Cards”, “Madam Secretary” and etc. are throwing their hands up in despair, having been overcome with… envy… amaze… despair… at being bested by reality. And I’m only indirectly affected by the USA.

Also, why can’t I have the Twitter web page (on Win7 64 Pro, up-to-date Chrome with few extensions, or on the iOS app) show a perfectly sorted list of tweets from those I follow, interrupted by the occasional ad, and sorted in strict newest-at-the-top (aka reverse chronological order). And including a usable scroll bar to bring me back to specific time & date, or a “jump back by 1/4/8/12/24 hours widget”?

3 Likes

Bwa-ha-ha-ah-ah!!! You owe me a new keyboard.

Seriously, the Internet, you have won it for today!

I read he’s not even yet an employee of the White House. Uses a “Visitors” pass to get in each day. Something about having to wait 'til after Aug. 15 to sell off a business asset to eliminate conflicts of interest. Like yer supposed to do when taking powerful public office.

I realize now I may have fallen for false news; I got that from a tweet Saturday past. And haven’t tried to follow it up. My bad if I did a bad, and I’ll learn from the experience. Appreciate support from anyone that knows to facts.

ETA: combined posts like the good bot said when I get itchy “Reply” button syndrome. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve heard that explanation tossed around in the wake of every Trump administration scandal to date.

I’m favoring the theory that this isn’t actually some brilliant long-term strategy but rather the mark of an unstable President who is legitimately terrible at almost everything he does.

7 Likes

I hear ya! Incompetence is simpler than malice.

Kinda like the moon landing deniers are likely wrong about the conspiracy, since the effort to posit and maintain the conspiracy boggles the mind. Hundreds of scientists, many hundreds more smart engineers, perhaps a few thousand technicians and support staff.

But have you been paying attention? :slight_smile: It’s bad enough Trump thought this guy was Mr. Right to steer the communications back on track. Trump knew what The Mooch was capable of such an obscene rant on the record. But I suspect Trump specifically wanted The Mooch to drop a deuce in the middle of the room and take the fall. And The Mooch is dirty enough to do it.

Which is way worse? Bad character judgement is less evil, I suppose.

But this is “just business” to the Trump family and his cronies, the Wall Street hires. In the cut-throat world of New York realty, pretty much anything goes. After all, everybody does itl. Trump’s a liar, no doubt. But he’s so into the lying, it’s such a core value of his being, that he figures this is how we all talk.

It’s just normal. Just business.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Bismillah… Oops, banned!

1 Like

On that old PC at his wife’s place?

Which her lawyer has helpfully made an offsite backup of?

2 Likes

Yup.

2 Likes

Trump will learn from this. What he will learn is that the media flak made him fire a capable man who didn’t know how to play the Washington game.

What he should learn is that yet again he hired an utterly incapable, seemingly deranged neophyte who should have been nowhere near the wheels of power. But he seems incapable of learning from his mistakes. Either he will continue to spiral down in flames or gradually grown ups will survive the winnowing and he will lose power within his own administration, they will effectively route around him and he will become Reagan 2, a figurehead.

I honestly thought the Republicans would have found a way to do this already, having so much experience with imbecile leaders, and I didn’t find it a comforting thought.

1 Like

If you want to hang out, you’ve gotta take her out, cocaine
If you want to get down, get down on the ground, cocaine

She don’t lie, she don’t lie, she don’t lie,
Cocaine

If you got bad news, you want to kick them blues, cocaine
When your day is done, and you want to run, cocaine

She don’t lie, she don’t lie, she don’t lie,
Cocaine

If your thing is gone, and you want to ride on, cocaine
Don’t forget this fact, you can’t get it back, cocaine

J.J.Cale, 1976