SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

The way the 14A Section 3 is written, it seems to include SCOTUS. They swear an oath to defend the Constitution like other federal officers. If Thomas provided aid and comfort to insurrectionists, then he could be removed and disqualified from holding office again. No need for impeachment.

13 Likes

Undead constitutionalism.

17 Likes

:eyes:

16 Likes

FDR and the democrats enjoyed a quite sizable majority. 523-8 electoral votes 334-88 house seats, 75-17 senators.

1936 United States House of Representatives elections - Wikipedia
1936 United States Senate elections - Wikipedia
1936 United States presidential election - Wikipedia

7 Likes
19 Likes
22 Likes

True and well-spotted.
Agreed.

As we are noting dramatically different existing conditions, FDR and those Dems did not have to contend with the pervasive dominance of news/public/social media saturation praising and encouraging bad-faith action. I regard that media saturation as the ideal turnkey operation to get even turkeys to vote for their own Thanksgiving dinner, given enough time to insert effective actors (or agents) into that system (as well as in government, of course).

I realize that 1980 is not 1930.
I am arguing that now-historical facts like Cambridge Analyticaā€¦

ā€¦ and its ilkā€¦

See also

ā€¦ including manipulation of U.S. voter behaviorā€“as well as government officialsā€™ behaviorā€“have resulted in the highly effective polarization of the U.S., making White Christian Dominionism a de facto agenda; destroying rule of law, democratic norms, and public safety, including mysteriously copious foreign funding of the NRA.

Too late to shove all the bad stuff back into the box.
What to doā€¦ what to doā€¦

Back on topic.
Having SCOTUS nominees prevaricate their way through their confirmation process by saying something is settled law, then overturning that law as a sitting SCOTUS justice, is a red flag.

A buncha red flags.
A hectare of red flags.

I get it that not all SCOTUS justices are/were angels:

To name but a few:

and

But getting an esteemed seat as a U.S. Supreme Court Justice on the highest high bench, the last possible stop on the long road toward justice and accountability, ought to count for something. Oh how wrong I was to believe so.

The party is just starting.
Buckle up, yā€™all.
In the world of the ā€œOriginalist Constitutionalistā€ oh lookit they rebrandedā€¦

ā€¦ womenā€™s right to vote is not protected, along with a lot of other rights we heretofore enjoyed.

Use it or lose it.

ETA:
grammar
added links

13 Likes

Your parade of assholes is missing a drum majorette.

14 Likes

9 Likes

BRAAAAAAINZ :man_zombie: :man_zombie: :man_zombie: :man_zombie: :man_zombie: :woman_zombie:

9 Likes
16 Likes
10 Likes

well said

21 Likes

Even the headline is misleading. He wasnā€™t prevented from praying. At issue was him leading students in prayers, and accusations that he favors the kids who prayed over those who did not.

14 Likes

One small tiny bright spot:

13 Likes

They are very selective in their enforcement of 1A rights, just like all the others.

13 Likes

Fsckers.

9 Likes
13 Likes

What in the fucketing fuckā€¦

14 Likes

Malice isnā€™t usually considered to be part of the judicial temperament required to judge even a dog show.

He should be impeached.

18 Likes