SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

Good.

More Christians need to stand up to the fascists in their midst. I mean, Black and LGBQT+ Christians have been doing so for years, but more white Christians NEED to do so. These fascists are doing a lot of this in the name of Christ, and they should be louder about how much bullshit that is.

And let me expand on that by saying that those of us who are not religious have a responsibility to be able to not lump all Christians together in the same bigot basket. I see it here far too much. We need to stop being so lazy and understand that there is a lot more nuance with regards to religion than the knee-jerk New Atheist view point allows.

18 Likes
14 Likes

Couldn’t agree with you more!

I know so many people whose faith is what provides a strong foundation for caring about their community and the world as a whole. I’ll take that that over a rabid New Atheist any day.

13 Likes

apparently it’s even worse than it seems at first glance. there’s a bunch of talk on twitter. this is one’s just a short thread

one thing someone pointed out was this hypocrisy:

so deep rooted traditions, i guess, only matter till they don’t :anger:

18 Likes
13 Likes

Because of course they did.

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

14 Likes

Our Supreme Court is now the asshole in this car:

12 Likes

There is this, I guess

14 Likes

I just never got the whole mindset of “someone different! THEY MUST SUCK!” which is kind of what it is… Too many people just can’t live and let live.

doctor who GIF

11 Likes

At this point, the DoJ should just skip right over the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers and declare the SCOTUS a terrorist group.

12 Likes

Supreme Court allows President Biden to end Trump’s ‘Remain in Mexico’ policy…

the cynic in me says: a) roberts wanted a fig leaf, and b) kavanaugh believes the democrats won’t have the presidency for long and title 42 remains in effect anyway.

generally conservatives believe in the power of the executive so it shouldn’t have been a 5-4 decision except for their loose principles

7 Likes

Minor victory.

15 Likes

Coming up next Supreme Court term:

10 Likes

The relevant contemporary case information, which I was too lazy to look up a few minutes ago:

9 Likes
5 Likes

Crikey, it is bad.

Wow.

… if by this phrase it can likewise be said that institutionalized racism is a deep-rooted tradition, and white supremacy is one, and colonialism/imperialism is one, and greed… hey that is definitely a very deep-rooted tradition among some humans…

Aaalllll the quiet parts out loud, here, now, at SCOTUS.

Yep.

Where are the strong?
Who are the trusted?
Where is the harmony?

10 Likes

Maybe they want rivers on fire again because they think that’ll hasten Judgement Day and such?

14 Likes

14 Likes
10 Likes

i noticed a spelling mistake in that piece:

But the Jewish group’s claim is a bellwether, because the Supreme Court has lately been exceedingly accommodating of people’s religious conservative christian views

must be autocorrect or something because it’s misspelled throughout

14 Likes