SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

More security money. As brazen as they’ve been, why aren’t they asking their sugar-daddies to chip in?

7 Likes

The problem I see with this idea (when tied specifically to SCOTUS security) is that it’s not the conservative justices who are most in harms way. Abortion rights and affirmative action supporters aren’t the ones who open carry AR-15s. That, and if Thomas or Alito feel threatened, they’ll just have their Heritage Foundation-assigned Billionaire Buddy provide security.

9 Likes

The beauty of this ruling is that you don’t even need to follow through. You just need to think about it and they have to consider the case. :rage:

10 Likes

Leave the security. Eliminate the clerks , support staff, perks. Anything to slow them down & humiliate them. Do your own research. Clean your own office. Take away their parking. No lunch or cafeteria.

7 Likes

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

9 Likes

You could tie together the First and Second Amendments. Start a religion that requires you to bear arms while in the presence of any government employee. [Or just requires you to be armed at all times period.]

While conservatives may be okay with violating your First rights (since your religion isn’t theirs) would their rabid support of the Second override that? Hell, maybe they’d even convert to Ammotarianism.

“By the Trigger, and the Stock, and the Holy Glock, Blam-en!”

Big /S

3 Likes

You left off the gym and exercise equipment access in the Supreme Court building.

It’s my understanding that Ruth was the only one who used it anyway.

5 Likes

Besides this case, what was the other case recently where the decision was based on made-up “facts”? If I remember right, it was Jackson calling it out & Thomas voting for it. The NY gun case, maybe?

2 Likes

The one about student loans had an “unwilling participant” involved. More on that here:

9 Likes

I don’t think that’s the one that was in my head, but honestly this is probably a better fit. Excellent video :+1:t2:

“The fact is that the Supreme Court is rogue institution. It’s an example of self-regulation. … This is arrogance manifested”

6 Likes

zeroing out certain justice’s salaries sure would be satisfying :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes. Though it can’t be done. It’s in the Constitution.

We’ll just have to find more creative ways to humiliate them.

7 Likes

Rainbow colored robes?

2 Likes

Make them sit in short chairs- but the defenders raised up. And whittle down one leg of each chair. No podium.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Though rolling it back to the actual dollar value that John Jay received: $4000 per year seems reasonable. Applies only to origianalist justices. :wink:

3 Likes

9 Likes

You mean, like checking to make sure the case has standing? They really can’t do any worse on their own.

6 Likes

You’re assuming they can feel ashamed or humiliated. For a few of the people sitting on the Court, I’m not sure that’s a valid assumption.

No, I think every single lawyer arguing a case before the Supreme Court should publicly and formally request that Thomas and Alito recuse themselves citing 28 U.S. Code § 455 part a:

Any justice, judge, or magistrate judge of the United States shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned.

Given what we’ve seen of their “ethics” I think a reasonable American (not a member of the Republican Cult) would have serious questions about their impartiality.

Yes, I know they’re almost always going to choose not to recuse themselves. But make them put themselves on the record as choosing not to recuse themselves each and every single time they hear a case.

3 Likes

I think they’re very pompous and thin skinned. They’re very concerned with their appearances and with being seen as Celestial Hall Monitors.

They’ll be affronted and angry to be challenged.

9 Likes